76

The ring field was dead silent.

    No one could have predicted that things would turn out this way.

    Ge Xiu raised his eyes to look at the observation platform not far away.

    The light inside the platform was dim, and nothing could be seen.

    He looked back calmly and then walked towards one of the mechas.

    The ring-shaped field was filled with eerie silence. Under the high ceiling, only the clear footsteps of Ge Xiu could be heard. Step by step, he approached the steel giant that was reflecting a silver-white cold glint under the light.

    The student who just ran out of the mecha was still standing beside him. His face was pale and he was holding onto the mecha, as if he had not recovered from the impact from before.

    Covering his stomach, he stepped back a little embarrassedly to make way for Ge Xiu, who came forward.

    The teenager held the metal shell of the mecha, jumped up and turned over neatly in the air, jumping into the cabin.

    With a buzzing sound, the cabin door closed.

    Everyone’s eyes were fixed on this mecha, waiting with a bated breath.

    Ge Xiu looked around the cabin and raised his eyebrows—although the general design was not much different from the mecha he had previously driven, there were subtle differences in details and configuration.

    However, this alone wouldn’t be enough to draw conclusions.

    He sat in the pilot’s seat, the spinal connectors covered his spine from the back of his neck to his tail bone, and the dashboard in front of him glowed blue.

    “Click” sounded twice softly.

    The virtual control bracelets were buckled on his wrists, and an electronically synthesized voice sounded in the closed cabin: “The mental power link was successful.”

    At that moment, a weak feeling ran through his nerve ends like an electric current.

    Ge Xiu couldn’t help being dazed.

    This feeling…was very amazing.

    As if the hard and huge metal mecha outside had completely become a part of him, as if the steel exoskeleton was a film covering his body, clinging to his skin lightly, waiting for his orders.

    The last time he drove the mecha was really too perilous. The burning pheromones spread in his body so that all his senses were focused on the lower half of his body. With the Zerg chasing behind him that would catch up if he were a little slower it was impossible to feel the small feeling.

    Ge Xiu took a deep breath and raised his hand to hold the control panel.

    The slender and pale fingers clenched, closer and tighter fitting on the dark and cold metal surface.

    “Engine drive mode activated.”

    The electronic voice sounded in his ears.

    The roar that suddenly exploded in the depths of the mecha was accompanied by violent vibrations, every part of the steel machine trembled under the strong whirl of the engine, and the vitality of the machine trembled under his hand, leaping and roaring with joy—

    Outside the mecha.

    The long period of silence made the students’ hearts float.

    Discussion in lowered voices began to spread in the crowd, and some people even speculated whether this weak-looking omega passed out directly in the cockpit without even achieving  the mental link, or backed away and did not dare to continue, but he didn’t dare to come out afraid of losing face.