32

This was the first time Ge Xiu saw the place above the abyss.

    It was a vast expanse of desolate, dark, scorched earth, with rough rocks everywhere, and the hills and mountains and the abyss criss-crossed on the flat surface like hideous and ugly scars.

    The blood moon hung on the far end of the sky, half-hidden behind the ragged horizon.

    Under the dim moonlight, there was no sign of life remaining on the vast, silent continent, and it was silent and terrifying.

    Ge Xiu lowered his head, moved his finger lightly, and then tentatively removed the dark element covering the wound.

    The gruesome wound that cut through his whole wrist no longer brought any pain. The reddish-brown blood coagulated into a thick layer of protection, covering the slender wrist. The uppermost blood scab has become thin and delicate, revealing the new pink tender flesh underneath.

    He quickly checked the wounds left on his body from the previous battle, and found that he didn’t know when it started that deep or shallow bloodstains begun to heal quickly, and some were even completely disappeared, leaving only pale skin stained with mottled blood.

     On the inside of the wrist, the cyan blood vessels and the faintly visible light red marks intertwined, looking evil and mysterious, the life-like totem was slowly twisting, trying to break through the shackles, to tear through confinement of skin.

     The red traces of the totem became deeper, to the point where it couldn’t be ignored.

     Ge Xiu looked up at the nearly round blood moon placed on the horizon not far away.

     He could feel that his strength was gradually increasing as the moon cycle became closer to the full moon.

     The dark elements within a few kilometres were gleefully excited, entwining around Ge Xiu’s side and fingertips, enthusiastically moving under the control of his mind. As long as he wished for it, they could be turned into whatever various shapes he wanted.

     This kind of power was fascinating, but it was also extremely dangerous – this was a delayed-action equivalent exchange. Although he still didn’t know what was the cost, it would be paid off sooner or later.

     …How wonderful.

    Ge Xiu took a deep breath slowly. The dry and icy air scratched his throat* and poured into his lungs, bringing a slight tingling pain, as if to confine the dark element that was dancing and pulsating in the air into the body, embed into his own bones and blood.

    The extremely dangerous feeling was as though dancing on the tip of a knife, it stimulated all the nerves in his body, making him trembling with excitement from head to toe.

    The demons before were probably looking for him, and the totem on his body might also be related to it.

    If he guessed right, then the pursuit would be here soon.

    The smile on Ge Xiu’s lips deepened uncontrollably, and the depths of the pitch-black pupils was suppressed the almost euphoric excitement. The scarlet blood moon in the distance reflected in his dark irises, making them resemble a pair of round cold red scimitars, shining in the dark.

    So… what should I play next?

    He thought happily.

    The fingertips hanging on his side moved slightly, and the abundant dark elements rushed forward like a docile pet, flatteringly clinging to his body, and the little wolf who limped and followed him was also covered in the same way. It perfectly covered the fresh breath belonging to living creatures, letting them perfectly blend into the rugged wasteland.