55

The situation in front of him was so shocking, it was something that only appear in myths and foolish dreams.

    Rowett’s pupils shrank, and he felt as if his heart had been hit hard, and at that moment he even forgot how to breathe — this feeling was almost like panic.

    He had no chance to think, his limbs have already acted before his brain.

    Rowett stretched out his hand and caught the coat that he had thrown aside before, and raised it vigorously, the black coat fell like a huge open wing, covering the snow-white skin instantly. The slender soles of the feet also shrank upwards instantly, curled up and were tightly covered under the clothes, without revealing the slightest gap, blocking everyone’s eyes.

    He glanced coldly at the other people who were stunned in front of him, with terrifying violence surging in his eyes, and deep darkness stirring in the depths of his pupils.

    — They should have their eyes gouged out.

    The others woke up from their absent-mindedness just now, hurriedly lowered their heads trembling, and stood on the spot in extreme panic, and even the extra glance they took just now was enough to ruin their own lives.

    Ge Xiu quickly sensed Rowett’s thoughts, and frowned.

   —This wouldn’t be good.

    These people are the top experts in the field of mermaid research in the entire empire. If they died, it would be difficult to find a replacement.

    And he’s counting on those people to figure out what happened to him.

    Ge Xiu raised his head, looked at Rowett’s well-defined chin, stretched out his hand and poked the arm in front of him, and said,

    “I’m hungry.”

    The merman’s voice was cold, like crushed ice floating in the deep ocean current, but at the moment was a bit more hoarse and lethargic, adding a bit of coquettish meaning inexplicably.

    Rowett’s throat moved, and he looked down at his arms.

    He saw that the mermaid transformed into a human shape was looking up at him, his blue-purple eyes were misty, and he looked a bit wronged.

    Rowett suddenly remembered that the merman hadn’t stuck his head out from the bottom of the pool since he left yesterday.

    The killing intent and rage in his eyes dissipated, his eyes swept over the untouched food that was left beside the pool all day, and looked down at the pitiful merman lying in his arms with gentleness: “What do you want to eat?”

    Ge Xiu yawned:

    “All is fine…”

    He smacked his lips and added: “I want candy, strawberry flavoured.”

    “Okay.” Rowett hooked up his lips: “But you can eat it after dinner.”

    Everyone was stunned and stunned by the scene in front of them and they could hardly believe their eyes—they had never seen His Majesty the emperor who was violent and bloodthirsty…to have such a… tender side—and, this was probably the first time , he actually changed his mind for another existence.

    They all knew that thanks to the merman in front of them, their lives could be saved.

    Rowett picked up the merman horizontally, with the coat still covering him tightly. The merman’s light weight was like a feather to him.