42

The ammunition made from compressed elements was shooting uncontrollably at the enemy in the front. The light and heat generated when it tore through the air at high speed illuminated the entire cave like a flare. It was simple and crude, but with great lethality. There was no need to load the bullets, it was enough to provide continuously elements for it. Hot blood flowed and spread on the hard and cold ground, wailing and sharp howling intertwined.

    Fire reflected in Ge Xiu’s pupils, and his clear eyes looked at the scene indifferently without any sorrow or joy.

    Suddenly, there was a faint cracking sound in his ears.

    That light noise, mixed with the loud roar from the surroundings, seemed extremely insignificant.

    However, Ge Xiu didn’t know why, but he felt that his heartstrings were pulled by some unknown force. This strange intuition made him look to the right suddenly, and one of the magic puppets behind him under his control rushed out quickly and stopped in front of him-

    -a huge, pitch-black net firmly trapped the magic puppet inside, tiny spikes extending from the net were surrounded by faint black mist, which made the puppet instantly lose ability to move and it collapsed.

    Was this… the dark element?

    Ge Xiu was taken aback.

    Were the necromancers who were also looking for him also here?

    …Now that made it a bit difficult.

    He originally wanted to deal with one wave and before dealing with another wave, but most of these necromancers acted separately, and always hid in the night habitually, so their whereabouts were not as easy to grasp as those of Holy Knights. They arrived at much faster speed than Ge Xiu expected.

    But—

    Ge Xiu turned his head to look into the darkness in the cave on the left, and raised his brow thoughtfully.

    He didn’t actually see the direction from which the spell was cast just now, and the battle disrupted the flow of elements in the cave. Necromancers were usually good at masking their breath. Logically, it would be difficult to determine the enemy’s location.

    However, unbeknownst to himself, he just knew that the other party was hiding less than a hundred meters away to his left.

    This feeling was very strange, as if it was some kind of gravitational force that was close to intuition, and as if it was just a guess for no reason.

    But Ge Xiu simply felt that his his feeling was not wrong.

    Under burst of such a powerful and terrifying spell, many Templar Knights fell before they even had time to resist, and the remaining knights from the first round of attacks retreated behind the huge stone pillars in the cave under the cover of the mage. They were crushed under the constant attack and couldn’t even lift their heads, so they couldn’t find out what was happening outside.

    Ge Xiu chanted a light spell with his excellent memory under the cover of the loud surroundings, and then threw it towards the place where the group of necromancers had hidden themselves. Then, he suddenly stopped supplying the puppets with elements, turned and ran towards the depths of the cave.

    So, when the knights rushed out from behind the stone pillars fully armed, they happened to unknowingly run into the necromancers who had been disguised.

    Ge Xiu’s lips slightly curled up as he heard the chaotic sounds behind him.

    Templar Knights and necromancers were always incompatible with each other, especially as this time they came for the same purpose —— this would be very interesting.