45: The Merman

Ge Xiu opened his eyes suddenly.

    The cold and narrow steel space greeted his sight, and his eyes were hurt by the 24-hour constant biological light source, tears filled his eyes in an instant.

    He turned his head and wanted to raise his hand to block the light, but the pull coming from his arm suddenly awakened him and made him finally realize where he was.

    Ge Xiu blinked and glanced at the blue and purple shackles that hung on his wrists.

    ——That’s right, he still was in that special prison.

    But… why did he suddenly wake up?

    After the end of the first punishment world, he was directly sent to the next world.

    Ge Xiu tilted his head thoughtfully, suddenly raised his voice, and shouted: “Hey! Is there anyone? When will I go to the third punishment world!”

    The cell was quiet.

    No one answered.

    Ge Xiu was sure that his voice had been conveyed accurately, but it was clear that those in the courtroom were not ready to answer those questions.

    He narrowed his eyes slightly and leaned relaxedly against the steel wall behind him.

    The icy cold temperature passed through the thin prison uniform, penetrated into his body, making his brain more awake.

    ——It seems that the chaos that he had caused in the last world had a lot of impact on this group of people.

    Sure enough, was becoming a god a bit too much?

    In fact, at the moment when he became a newborn god and gained a believer, Ge Xiu had a clear and mysterious feeling, as if his own existence was accepted by the laws of the whole world, but before he could fully appreciate this feeling the judges quickly suspended the last punishment world.

    What were they worried about?

    Ge Xiu’s eyelids drooped slightly, and his nearly night-black eyes were hidden under the beautifully curved eyelashes, glowing with a metallic faint blue.

    In addition, he also confirmed one thing.

    The world of punishment was indeed a virtual world composed entirely of data. Although those people could decide what world he would enter and what would be his identity in the punishment world, from the moment the world was completed, the whole world was already independent of the creator, had its own operating rules and couldn’t be disturbed from the outside world.

    That was why he could become the captain of the Leviathan in the first world and the God of Darkness in the second world.

    And those people were powerless when they found out that his fate was gradually getting out of track.

    Their actions were subjected to the established rules of the virtual world and they couldn’t intervene in the internal operation of the worlds. They could only stop loss in time by reducing his lifespan or directly removing him from the punishment world.

    However, another question appeared.

    When the world began to operate, the judges could no longer influence the progress in the worlds, so they will undoubtedly set a tragic fate and harsh external environment that would be hardly survivable at the beginning of the creation of the virtual world.

    In the first world, it was the harsh environment of the Garbage Star, the hypocritical Alliance with sweetened words and merciless actions*, and the world-wide war that was about to start, as well as the fierce and cruel dark side the continent in the second world, the demons, humans and gods trying his best to hunt him, the seal that had to be opened with his own vitality and made him suffer.