107

“…”

    Ge Xiu fell into silence as he watched the people squatting in a row not far away.

    This…

    He bought the shares of Star Entertainment Company, got rid of the stumbling block in the company and then took the opportunity to seize power when Wang Xuejiu’s scandal broke out, all in order to control the company’s operation chain and pave the way for himself to invest in movies and act to make money—

    as a result, left Zuo Yan directly got rid of the entire loan sharks gang!

    How can he repay the debt now?

    It’s not that he was afraid of being electrocuted a few times, but that the perfect ending that he had his hands on without a hitch just went to waste, so what was the point of his previous series of preparations!

    The familiar electronic voice sounded again in his ears: “Warning! Warning! The mission is about to terminate!”

    Ge Xiu was slightly taken aback, his eyes narrowed.

    About to?

    So…does that mean there’s still room for a turnaround?

    Across the thin wall, a faint siren could already be heard looming out of a distance, coming in their direction.

    Ge Xiu’s mind was spinning like electricity.

    He rushed in front of Zuo Yan in a single stride and spoke like a cannonball:

    “Thank you, Mr. Zuo, for your help! In fact, in a certain sense, it can be considered that you helped me pay back the money, right? I'm very sorry for bothering you!” With that said, he turned around and walked quickly towards the only table in the room, where there was the IOU written by the original owner.

    Ge Xiu reached out and picked up a ballpoint pen that was randomly thrown on the table in the utility room. Then he bent down on the table and began to write and scribble on the IOU.

    Taking less than ten seconds, he rushed over again with the IOU in his hands and then, without any explanation, shoved the note directly into Zuo Yan’s hands.

    Zuo Yan was a little dumbfounded.

    He lowered his head and unfolded the wrinkled IOU that was forcibly shoved into his hand. He saw that the original loan company’s name was crossed out. There were a few characters written in a flash. It took Zuo Yan several seconds to recognise that the scrawled handwriting was actually his name.

    “You…”

    Zuo Yan could only spit out a word when the other party interrupted hurriedly:

    “The total debt is 80 million.”

    Zuo Yan raised his head and looked at Ge Xiu.

    He saw the young man in front of him staring at him expectantly, with a sincere and heartfelt expression: “After I make money from acting, I will return it back to you with interest.”

    Zuo Yan’s eyes stayed on his name on the IOU for a moment, and then he seemed to have changed his mind. The corners of his lips curved slightly, and then he slowly folded the note and put it back into his pocket: “Okay.”

    The moment he agreed, in Ge Xiu’s ears once again rang the emotionless electronically synthesised voice:

    “The alarm is lifted. The debt collector was transferred, and the long-term mission continues.”