49

the emperor’s full name was valen rowett. he brutally killed his thirteen brothers in a bloody overthrowing the rule and became the most brutal and unpredictable monarch since the establishment of the entire empire. he was an ambitious power holder and a ruthless conqueror, but under his heavy handed and iron-fist rule, the empire’s power has developed to its peak in history.

    although he was willing expand his power, he never showed much interest in private enjoyment, until one day—

    the emperor suddenly dispatched manpower and hired the best designers and architects to design a private pool for him.

    rowett seemed to have acquired a new hobby.

    sunlight spilled from the skylight above the head, illuminating the entire transparent glass room clearly and brightly, making it seem like a shrine shrouded in golden light, warm and brilliant light shone onto the sparkling water surface, making the underwater scenery completely visible.

    the merman came slowly out of the water, first head and then shoulders exposed, the pearly white tail fin swayed slowly and gracefully on the surface of the water, there were droplets on his slender eyelashes, and his wet cheeks sparkled in the sun. the blue and purple eyes looked towards the side of the pool without evading, his eyes were like a clear sky, without the slightest brutality and blood thirst in them.

     the young emperor stared at the merman in front of him, as if he was admiring the most precious masterpiece, and it felt as if a satisfied owner was admiring and examining his possessions.

     as he was being watched, ge xiu was also looking at the man in front of him.

     the last time he saw him was in the dimly lit dungeon, he could only see the fuzzy outline of the other party, and i couldn’t distinguish his appearance at all.

     the man in front of him was tall, with handsome features that were almost dangerously beautiful. the high brows were sharp and sharp, the eye sockets were deep, and the narrow and tall nose gave him a very aggressive sense of danger. the dark eyes caused him to emit strong sense of pressure, he looked thoughtful.

     suddenly, rowett knelt down, putting them both on the same eye level.

     he asked unhurriedly: “are you satisfied?”

     ge xiu was taken aback for a moment, and then he realized what the other party was asking—about the size of this place and his colour preferences.

    of course not satisfied. after all, no matter how beautiful was a fishtank it was still a fishtank. could you put him back in the sea?

    ge xiu’s interest suddenly dropped.

    he withdrew his gaze indifferently, as if he hadn’t understood the other party’s question, his fan-shaped tail fin splashed hard, and his whole body sank under the water surface again.

    rowett raised his hand to block his eyes, but the dripping water still inevitably splashed on his face, and the attendant guarding the door gasped in fright, and as if petrified by a certain fear stood rooted on the spot.

    unexpectedly, the emperor was not angry.

    he took out the handkerchief from his pocket, wiped off the drops of water on his cheeks unhurriedly, and then lowered his eyes, looking thoughtfully at the mermaid’s figure that was blurred and obscured by the refraction of the pool water—the blue-purple merman curled up his tail quietly behind the rock, then closed his eyes drowsily, as if he was uninterested in everything that happened around his body.