102

The familiar siren resounded throughout the Institute once again.

    The director who had been watching on the side hurried over. He frowned and asked: “What happened?

    Researcher with a pale face responded:

    “He…. messed the entire plot again….”

    “What?” The director was shocked: “Wasn’t the electric shock function launched at every key moment this time? Why is the plot still falling apart?”

    He glanced at the data in front of him: “How many times has he been electrocuted in total?”

    “Once… “

     “Once???” The director’s voice rose uncontrollably: “He didn’t comply just once?? How is this possible?”

    The researcher wiped his face in dismay: “This…. I, I don’t know exactly how, the biggest problem is that the time flow rate of the virtual world is many times faster than one of the outside world. Unless there appears serious turmoil in the virtual world or the set plot ends, we aren’t able to observe what is happening in the world.”

    “Then adjust the flow rate!”

    The director’s face was covered with dark clouds and he said coldly:

    “I still don’t believe, even once or twice, how can he deviate from the destined trajectory we set again and again!”

    Each time they design several different life paths for the prisoner involved, to ensure that no matter what he chooses, he would be painfully stimulated within the control of the research institute, but this prisoner seemed to be deliberately contradicting them…

    It’s like a there was a multiple choice question with only four options ABCD, and his final answer was actually X!

    Moreover, until now, in happened in all five virtual worlds, without exception!

    “Yes.” The researchers hurriedly started the operation.

    Soon, the time flow of the virtual world was adjusted to 75% of the real world, and now, people at the institute could finally see what was happening in the virtual world.

    On the huge screen in front of them, a clear picture appeared.

    The slender young man stood at the table, looking down at the lost middle-aged man in front of him. His facial features were breath-taking and beautiful but his black eyes were calm, as he said, bringing an overwhelming sense of oppression:

    “You are just an executive president, and your power was given to you by the board of directors.”

    As if possessed by something, he showed a playful smile on his lips:

    “If they don’t want you to stay on, is there anything you can do?”

     The middle-aged man gritted his teeth with hatred, his eyes seemed as if they could spew fire, his voice rose uncontrollably in decibels, but no amount of shouting could hide his guilty conscience: “You, don’t bluff! I know what you did! Just you wait! I, I, I, I won’t let you go!”

    Ge Xiu smiled lightly:

    “Won’t let me go? Can you be specific?”

    He pulled a chair and gracefully sat down, as if he was in the spotlight of the hall of brilliance.

    The young man crossed his legs and asked with interest: “Is it because you’re relying on your friend from Dongcheng District? You have helped him a lot. I recall that the villa in the west and the one in the northern suburbs seems to be under your name, but the money for the purchase was taken from his account. According to the list of drinks delivered to it, there had been at least seven parties this month, which happened to coincidentally overlap with vacancies in schedules of 17 stars from an entertainment company, and twelve of them were minors…”