twist of fate ✴️

3 years later-

The corridor exuded an air of sophistication, as Kashish, a vision of elegance and grace, walked alongside her assistant, Avika. A triumphant smile graced her lips, knowing that the deal they had secured would please their boss.

"You know, Kashish, this deal is such a win! Sir's going to be over the moon," Avika chimed in, radiating joy.

Kashish nodded appreciatively. "Absolutely, Avika. But I have a slight aversion to international deals. It's just that dealing with foreign companies doesn't sit well with me," she confided softly.

Avika's eyes twinkled knowingly, and she ventured, "You still think about him, don't you?"

Kashish's steps faltered for a moment, but she brushed it off and continued walking. Determination was etched across her features.

As they approached the grand cabin, a sign boldly read "Rudra Khurana." Kashish turned to Avika. "You can go. I'll discuss the deal and notify the headquarters about our decision."

With a smile, Avika departed, leaving Kashish to enter the cabin. Inside, she was met with a sight that brought a chuckle to her lips: a slumbering Rudra. "Is it even legal for a legal adviser to be doing this? Quite the theatrics," she teased as she set up the table.

Rudra stirred, half-asleep. "Legal? Make it legal. Good night," he mumbled, attempting to return to his nap.

Kashish laughed softly. "Mr. Khurana, kindly review the notes. The other party is on board with the deal."

Startled, Rudra jolted awake and peered at her with a furrowed brow. "What deal?" he inquired, his memory hazy from the multitude of transactions.

Kashish rolled her eyes playfully. "You might want to cut down on your beauty sleep and increase your working hours."

Rudra grinned, resting his face on his fist. "Why should I work when I have you, baby?"

Arching an eyebrow, Kashish's fake awe was evident. "Reserve that term for someone else. I'm not a fan."

Rudra's smirk widened. "Only he has the privilege, huh?"

Kashish huffed, retorting, "Three years have passed. It's time to stop poking fun at me."

"Or else?" Rudra challenged, curious.

In response, Kashish promptly removed her heel and flung it at him. It found its mark, causing Rudra to yelp in pain.

"Perhaps he dodged a bullet not marrying my lovely friend," Rudra remarked dryly.

Bringing the focus back, she urged, "Let's get serious now."

Rudra obeyed, nodding solemnly. Amused, Kashish couldn't contain her laughter. "What's with the nodding?"

Maintaining his seriousness, Rudra deadpanned, "You asked for seriousness, didn't you?"

Laughing, Kashish relented. "Alright, let's switch back to your usual antics."

Protesting, Rudra objected, "I am not a monkey. Stop calling me that."

Kashish waved off the comment. "I'm off now. My work here is done."

However, her departure was halted by Rudra's unexpected announcement. "I've struck a deal with Knights."

Stunned, Kashish's smile faded, replaced by concern. "Quit kidding around."

"I'm not joking," Rudra affirmed somberly.

"Why?" Kashish inquired, her heart heavy with worry.

"It was a necessity, Kashish. My company's facing a tough time, and only he can help," Rudra confessed guiltily, his gaze dropping.

Though conflicted, Kashish knew Rudra well. He had been her rock, helping her mend her broken heart after she left New York. Yet, the revelation stung.

With a heavy sigh, she accepted the truth. "Alright, it's fine."

But Rudra wasn't finished. "There's another significant issue."

Curiosity piqued, Kashish frowned. "What now?"

"You have to oversee this deal," Rudra declared.

Kashish's eyes widened. Oversee this deal? Meaning she'd be indirectly interacting with him?

"No way!" she exclaimed, pushing back against the idea.

Rudra stood firm. "The Paris deal demands my attention. This one is on you."

Desperate, Kashish attempted to bargain. "Can I handle the Paris deal instead?"