lost her ⚡

"Aaron, leave him," she shouted over the phone. He smirked while looking at Antonio, who was half-dead.

"He dared to hurt you. I won't leave him today."

"Aaron, hand him over to the police. I know he deserves his share of punishment, but you're not the one to deliver it. The law will take care of that."

He chuckled darkly and muttered sarcastically, "When the law didn't punish my own parents' murderers, how can you be so sure they'll punish him?"

Kashish fell silent upon hearing this. After all, he had a point. The law might imprison him for a few years, only to let him breathe the fresh air again.

"But you're committing a sin."

"Let me be a sinner, little one," he replied.

"I can't let you," she sobbed, her heart clenching at his words. He was her hero and dream guy.

She knew he wasn't bad, but he was the worst nightmare for wrongdoers.

"I'm going to kill him today, Kashish," he said, pointing his gun at the unconscious Antonio.

"No, please," she mumbled, but he wasn't in his right mind.

"If I leave him today, I'm sure he'll try to hurt you again in the future. And I can't bear that."

"Aaron..." she mumbled helplessly, but he closed his eyes, ignoring her.

With the gun pointed at Antonio's forehead, his thumb moved toward the trigger.

"I won't repeat the same mistake my parents did," he said, pulling the trigger.

Boom!

A loud bang echoed, and blood splattered from Antonio's skull.

Kashish gasped at the gunshot, her heart racing. She wasn't grieving for Antonio, but for Aaron.

She glanced at her phone and ended the call, her mind consumed by one thought: How could she have a future with him?

"This is too much," she thought aloud.

Meanwhile, Aaron's expression remained blank. He sighed, tossing the gun to Leo, and ordered, "Dispose of this body."

Leo nodded, and Aaron left immediately. Upon reaching his mansion, he walked slowly, knowing he had to answer Kashish.

In the hallway, he found Kashish sitting in silence. Killing someone was routine for him, just another day. But for Kashish...

He sat beside her, watching her lost in thought.

He sighed, placing his hand on hers and spoke, "You might not forgive me for killing him, but I've never taken a life unnecessarily, and I won't start now."

Kashish listened, unable to find words to respond.

"Kashish, leaving him alive would have put you in danger again. The law means nothing to those with power or money. I've seen it firsthand with my parents' suffering. Their deaths weren't random; it's the mafia's doing."

"What if we end up like your parents?" she said nonchalantly.

He was taken aback but began, "Kashish, I—"

He stopped short, realizing he had no words left.

Tears filled her eyes as she looked at him.

"I'm right, aren't I?" she asked.

With no words to offer, he simply stared.

"Because I am right."

"I don't know how your parents were killed, but what about us? Forget us—what about our future children? Will they suffer the way you are today? No amount of power, money, or pride can replace parental love, Aaron."

He looked at her, understanding her pain.

She wiped her tears and apologized, "I'm sorry, Aaron, but I can't stay with you."

"You have one choice: leave the mafia or lose me," she declared, resolute.

As she began to leave, he questioned, "You want to leave?"

Turning to face him, she nodded, her determination unwavering.

He smiled gently, saying, "You can go."

Surprised, she realized he chose the mafia over her.

Approaching her, he pulled her close and gently kissed her, soft yet passionate. She closed her eyes, lost in memories of their shared moments.

Breaking the kiss for air, she looked at him, tears brimming.

She wanted to speak but held back. He had decided their fate.

Wiping her tears, she gulped audibly.

"I hope you find a better life, a partner who understands you," she said, turning to pack her bags.

He stood there, speechless, a solitary tear escaping his eye.

He had lost her.