Accusation⚡

KASHISH'S POV-

Finally, the gruelling meeting had come to an end, and everyone began to disperse. Mr. Knight was engrossed in discussing the meeting with the employees. As I gathered my files, ready to leave, Mr. Black walked toward me with a smirk on his face.

Disgust churned within me as I wondered what could be wrong with him. Had he gone completely mad?

"Hello, Ms. Sharma," he greeted me, and I forced a polite smile, pushing aside my sarcastic thoughts.

"You've done an amazing job. I'm sure your boss doesn't have the time to appreciate it, but I'm not heartless like him. I know how to recognize and appreciate effort, and I believe you deserve it," he spoke with a smile, and I narrowed my eyes, unsure of his intentions.

Though I hated to admit it, he was right. Mr. Knight hadn't praised me, and deep down, I felt like I deserved at least a few words of acknowledgment.

"I don't see anything wrong with that. He's extremely busy, and it's just a part of my job. I don't care about receiving praise from anyone," I shrugged, trying to brush off the situation.

Just as I was about to leave, Mr. Black surprised me by grabbing my arm and flashing a wide smile.

"Oh, don't be angry, Kashish. I was just praising you, and I felt bad that he didn't acknowledge your efforts," he apologised, and I nodded, trying to control my anger.

Why was I feeling so enraged?

"By the way, you are really beautiful. I suppose it would be a pleasure to work with such a beauty," he complimented, and I forced a small smile, nodding in response.

Suddenly, a chill ran down my spine, and I glanced to the side, only to find Mr. Knight's cold eyes fixed on our hands.

Oh, no! I immediately pulled my arm away, creating distance between us.

"I'm extremely sorry," Mr. Black apologised, seemingly aware of the tension between us.

"What is going on?" Mr. Knight's voice cut through the air as he approached us, his gaze filled with daggers aimed at Mr. Black.

"Oh, I was just complimenting Kashish. Unlike you, I know how to appreciate someone's efforts," Mr. Black retorted, a hint of anger in his tone.

"None of your business," Mr. Knight snapped back, his anger palpable.

"Well, it is. After all, we're working together now, aren't we, Kashish?" Mr. Black called me by my name, catching me off guard.

"Uh... umm..." I stumbled, at a loss for words, so I simply nodded.

Without paying much attention to Mr. Black, Mr. Knight turned to me and said, "In my cabin, now."

I furrowed my brows but nodded obediently. With a heavy sigh, I left the scene and found myself facing Aria and Mr. Anderson again.

"Hey," I approached them, and Mr. Anderson greeted me with a polite smile.

"Well, the presentation was very nice, Kashish. I'm proud of you," he praised me, and I smiled, expressing my gratitude.

"By the way, after the club incident yesterday, are you alright?" he asked, and embarrassment washed over me as he brought it up. I hummed, unsure of how to respond.

He chuckled and gave me a friendly side hug, reminiscent of a brother's affection.

"It's okay, dear. These things happen," he reassured me.

"Hehe," I simply smiled. Glancing at Aria, I noticed her looking at us with a puzzled expression.

"Okay, I guess I should leave. And Ms. Aria, I want the files ready, or get ready to work overtime," he warned her, his voice dripping with authority.