Celebration gone wrong🥳

AARON'S POV-

The following day, I entered the office with a whirlwind of emotions. Kashish's presence had awakened something deep within me, a feeling that had long been dormant. Yet, I knew I had to push those emotions aside. She was young, and I couldn't allow myself to indulge in them.

Determined to distract myself, I focused on my work, burying the thoughts of Kashish deep within the recesses of my mind. But the more I tried to ignore them, the more they intensified. I needed a way to suppress these newfound desires that threatened to consume me.

A week had passed since our last encounter, it was finally the day of eliminations. I had to choose five interns to move forward. As I reviewed the documents of each intern, I was both shocked and delighted to see that Kashish had made an indelible impression on me with her exceptional work. A smile formed on my lips as I perused her files.

Truly, she was a masterpiece.

Finally, after going through all the candidates, I made my way to the hall where the interns anxiously awaited their fate.

"Good morning sir," everyone greeted, and in return, received a nod from me.

My eyes scanned the room, searching for a particular individual until they settled on Kashish, who sat with a confident air about her. Our gazes met briefly, but she quickly averted her eyes.

Why did she look away?

Deciding to set aside my curiosity, I began, "You have all shown exceptional performance, but, unfortunately, we can only select five interns to move forward."

Silence enveloped the room, as everyone braced themselves for the announcement.

"I am pleased to announce the names of the selected interns: Amira Rodriguez, Ashley Maddison, Aria Watson, Kashish Sharma, and Chris Salmon."

A round of applause followed, and soon, the interns dispersed after expressing their gratitude.

Yet, my thoughts remain fixated on Kashish. Perhaps a visit to the club tonight would help clear my mind.

Returning to my cabin, I dialled Leo, my closest friend.

"What's up, bro?" he answered cheerfully.

"Let's go to a club tonight. I need to refresh myself," I suggested.

"Refresh? Who's been bothering you?" he chuckled, a knowing tone in his voice.

"Just be there at 10," I replied, ending the call before waiting for his response.

Later that night...

After finishing my work, I changed into more casual attire in the attached room of my cabin and drove to the club. The music was loud, the crowd immersed in their own enjoyment. As I searched for Leo, I spotted him sipping his martini at the bar.

"Hey, you finally made it," he said as we shared a hug. I settled onto the couch beside him, observing the people dancing and revelling in the pulsating beats.

"So, will you tell me what's been happening?" Leo asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Is it necessary?" I countered, raising an eyebrow of my own. He chuckled, a mischievous smirk on his face.

"I'm your best friend, Aaron. I might already know, but I want to hear it from you," he insisted.

"What is it then?" I inquired, curious about how he had gathered any information.

"Kashish Sharma, twenty-three years old, Indian nationality..." Leo began, and my eyes widened. How did he know? "Stop! Fine, yes," I interrupted, conceding defeat.