difficult decision ⚡

KASHISH'S POV-

Tears streamed relentlessly down my cheeks, but I fought back the urge to cry. Why? Why was I shedding tears for him?

How could he commit such a heinous act? Taking a life without mercy, it sent shivers down my spine just recalling that dreadful video.

No, this couldn't be happening! I couldn't bear to be with a criminal! A damn mafia! How did I not see it before?

Gathering my strength, I wiped away the tears, determined to pull myself together. Just then, my phone rang, and it was Aryan, my dear brother.

A faint smile curved my lips, but strangely, I felt a wave of vulnerability engulfing me. Why now?

"Hey bro," I answered.

"How are you, little sis? When are you going to give me a party?" he joked.

"Soon, bro," I replied, trying to sound normal.

"I know something's bothering you. Tell me, Kashish. Maybe I can help," his caring voice soothed me.

Tears welled up again, and I struggled to speak, my words choked by sobs. I covered my mouth with my palm, but Aryan wouldn't give up.

"Kashish, I'm your brother. Just tell me what happened. Please, let's video call so I can see you," he insisted.

He hung up, and I couldn't escape. I answered the video call, my face a blank canvas of emotions.

"Kashish, please tell me what's wrong. Should I come there?" Aryan's concern was evident.

Finally, I blurted out, "He... he's a mafia."

"What? Are you kidding me?" he exclaimed, shocked.

I shook my head, recounting everything to him, my gaze cast downward.

"Do you want to come back?" he asked, and I felt torn.

Leave Aaron behind? But what about his love for me?

"Does it even matter, Kashish? He's dangerous. Think about our family's safety," Aryan wisely pointed out.

He was right, my family! How could I forget about them?

"You're right," I conceded.

"So what have you decided?" Aryan inquired.

With determination, I looked into the camera and nodded, "You're right. My family is crucial, and staying with him endangers us all."

Aryan's smile reassured me, "Don't cry. I'll book your tickets. Come to India as soon as possible."

I nodded gratefully, but even the mere thought of Aaron brought tears to my eyes. How could I forget those moments so easily?

As I sobbed, the doorbell rang. I hurriedly wiped my face and opened the door, only to find Aria standing there with a smile.

Perhaps this was our final encounter.

"Hey, come inside," I invited her.

Though Aria appeared excited, her eyes betrayed unease.

"Nothing, let's just talk and spend time together," she said, trying to hide something.

Something about her behavior made me frown, but I agreed.

"You seem sad. What's wrong?" Aria inquired, and I knew I couldn't keep the truth from her. She'd always confided in me, and I couldn't be any different.

"Aria," I began hesitantly, and she nodded, as if anticipating this moment.

"Yeah?" she urged.

"I need to tell you something," I confessed.

With all honesty, I shared everything with her, including my family's concerns. Aria's frown deepened, and she erupted in anger.

"You're leaving him just because of his identity? Don't be cruel! He's caring and protective of you," she retorted.

But I couldn't let go of my family's worries, and I explained it to her. Aria stood up, her expression softening.

"I have no right to judge, Kashish. Just be careful," she advised before leaving, leaving me saddened, knowing I might have lost a true friend.