Scared kashish

Kashish sat silently beside the large window, on the couch, sipping her coffee. The heavy raindrops made her smile, but her mind was not on the rain's calming rhythm. She was still anxious to know what happened to the driver. Did Aaron kill him? The secrets were becoming more and more irritating, and she couldn't help but keep wondering.

"What is my little one doing?" She jumped, hearing a soft voice near her ears, and turned her neck to find Aaron. "Thinking about your lies," she taunted, and he sighed, knowing she wouldn't let it go easily.

He sat beside her, held her hand, and looked directly into her eyes. "I know you are upset, but love, I didn't want to hide this. I want to tell you when the right time comes."

Her face remained blank, and she mumbled, "You can't own me." She turned her face away.

"I know that. Baby, you can go anywhere you want, but..." He tried to explain, but she interrupted, "Then why am I here right now?"

He rubbed his bridge of nose, feeling slightly irritated. "Can I speak?" he asked, and she nodded.

"So listen. Antonio ain't a good person. He knows you are my weakness and strength. He wants to harm you so that my mind will be diverted, and I won't be able to compete."

She frowned, trying to understand his words. "You know you are the most precious person in my life. I can't risk your life, love," he added, his hands gently cupping her face. Her cheeks turned deep red, feeling loved by his words.

"What about the driver? What was his fault?" She asked angrily, recalling that day.

"I didn't kill him."

"But I heard a gunshot. I'm sure of it," she said, trembling as the memories flooded back.

He immediately hugged her, knowing this was all new and frightening for her. Tears flowed from her eyes, and he comforted her, rubbing her back soothingly.

After they parted, she cupped his face and said softly, panicking and crying, "Aaron, please don't work with the mafia. This will only separate you from me. I can't bear to lose you."

He kissed her lips gently, and she responded, moving her lips against his, feeling the love between them. After a tender moment, he looked directly into her eyes.

"I can't," he stated firmly, surprising her. She never expected this answer, even though a part of her knew he wouldn't leave.

"Aaron, please," she sobbed, hurt by his decision.

Feeling her vulnerability, he was also torn, seeing her cry. "Kashish, try to understand. This business is not a small one. I am one of the biggest mafia rulers in the underworld. Ending this would be dangerous," he explained, hoping she would understand.

She nodded and stood up, leaving without saying anything. He felt restless, but he decided to give her space, knowing this was a lot for her to process.

Three days later, Kashish still wasn't talking to him, which irritated him, but he respected her need for time. He was in the study room, working on some files, when his phone started ringing. He frowned, seeing a call from one of his mafia members.

"Speak," he answered, and after hearing what the member said, a smirk formed on his lips. He replied dominantly, "Bring him to the basement. He needs a good treatment. I'll be there by night."

As he disconnected the call, he turned to leave but stopped when he saw Kashish frowning at him. "Who were you talking to?" she asked, her frown deepening. He looked at her and then his phone, searching for a convincing explanation.

"It's a meeting," he finally said.

"At night?" she questioned, not fully convinced.

"Yes, mafia meetings are held at night," he replied, hoping she would accept his reason. She nodded and left the room, acknowledging his explanation. He sighed, watching her go.

"Damn," he mumbled, realizing that he had to be careful with his words and actions around her during these difficult times.