Chapter 69

Y/n and Wendy looked at Sejeong, surprised that the former's cousin suddenly wanted to come with them, but they were not complaining since they wished that Sejeong would go to the hospital one of these days.

"Alright, but what's up with the bag?" asked Y/n, pointing at the messenger bag that Sejeong was carrying with her.

Sejeong shook her head before walking towards the shoe rack, picking out her shoes, "it's...it's nothing," she answered before putting her shoes on and walking past her cousin, opening the door. "Are we going or not?" she asked as soon as she stepped outside, turning around to look at Y/n and Wendy.

The couple exchanged looks before nodding – the sudden change in Sejeong's mood impressed them. Yet, it terrified them simultaneously because she was angry and frustrated just a few minutes ago from being pressed to go to the hospital. Manager Song, who was peeking from the living room, smiled at the sight, "I knew Y/n could change her mind," he mumbled before retracting his head when Sejeong noticed him.

"How did you know Y/n would be able to do that?" asked Irene, looking at her manager with a small smile.

Manager Song shrugged, looking at her with a sheepish smile, "I don't know – but Y/n just had this effect where he can convince people easily," he said, tilting as he was unsure of how to put what he thought of Y/n into words, "like...he was Aizen or something."

Irene raised an eyebrow, "Aizen?" she repeated, confused.

"Yeah – you know, the villain from the anime Bleach," Manager Song nodded, and Seulgi, Yeri, and Joy quickly booed him.

"Boo! A weeb!" Seulgi teased, followed by the other members, who laughed at the teasing and added their own to the already rapid-firing teasing from the second oldest member.

Manager Song rolled his eyes before looking at Seulgi and the others, "alright – cut it out – I don't watch that much anime, okay?" he said in his defense as he got up from the floor.

"Instead of teasing me," he looked down at the girls who were lazing around, "maybe you should be helping in the kitchen – we should at least do a bit of the house chores since we are staying here."

Joy looked at their manager, feigning surprise as she got up from the floor, "you know what, Manager Song? That's by far, the most sensible thing you've said today," she exclaimed with a teasing smile as she looked at Yeri, who was pretending to be asleep on the floor at the mention of chores.

"Hey, got up," Joy said, shaking the youngest with a foot, "hey..." she repeated as Yeri continued to act asleep, rolling away from Joy only to be pulled up, "get up, lazy cow," she groaned as she pulled Yeri up.

Manager Song watched the scene unfold before him, sighing in defeat before crossing his arms and shaking his head – it was a moment like this that made him rethink his decision to manage a group of chaotic girls whose brain cells were only distributed to two of them, Irene, and Wendy. Even the latter sometimes forgot to put her brain cells to good use as she joined the others.

Meanwhile, Y/n, Sejeong, and Wendy looked in the living room's direction as they heard the fun that the other girls were having before the former peeked his head into the living room, "we are leaving now," he told them before returning to his girlfriend, and cousin, who was waiting by the door.

Irene bid her farewell from the living room, and the other members chimed in their farewells as the three entered Wendy's car.

"I'm surprised this car is still in one piece," Y/n joked as he adjusted the driver's seat, smiling sheepishly at Wendy when she smacked his shoulder.

Wendy huffed and put her seatbelt on before looking at Y/n, "just because I didn't drive often, I was bad at it, okay? I even scored high on my driving test."

Sejeong sat quietly at the back as she listened to the couple bantering in front of her like an old couple. After a while, she cleared her throat, "are we going?" asked Sejeong, looking at her cousin.

Y/n looked at Sejeong through the rearview mirror before chuckling, "Yes, Sejeong – we are going to the hospital, don't worry," he nodded before finally getting out of the driveway and into the main road.

---

As Y/n drove through the highway, Sejeong was busy checking the contents of her messenger bag, organizing it before looking at the radio and raising an eyebrow as the song playing was in a foreign language.

"What song is this?" Sejeong asked, looking at Y/n in confusion – the beat and mood of the song were slow and chilling, but the fact that it was in an unfamiliar language made it hard to enjoy properly.

Y/n shrugged as he stopped at a red light, "I don't know – ask Wendy. It's her playlist that we're listening to," he answered before looking at Wendy on her other phone, scrolling through Instagram.

Wendy hummed and looked up from her phone before smiling, "oh, it's an Indonesian song. I think the title is 'selow' or something," she shrugged before continuing. "It was my friend, Dita, that recommended it when her group visited my radio show."

"Ah..." Sejeong nodded understandingly before focusing on the song again, bobbing her head back and forth slightly while giving her messenger one last check.

When the traffic light turned green, Y/n quickly drove off, occasionally looking at the rearview mirror to look at what Sejeong was doing – at some point, he noticed the familiar papers as Sejeong pulled them out to organize them, but he didn't point it out as he believed that she had something planned that has to do with the drawings she brought.

At the hospital, Lina and her mother sat outside Sang-Il's room as they waited for Mr. Kim to finish feeding Sejeong's father as he was too weak to eat on his own strength. Not long after that, the older man stepped out of the room somberly.

"Dad, it has only been five minutes – what happened?" asked Lina, shocked that it hadn't even been that long since Mr. Kim entered the room to feed Sang-Il, and now he was already out.

Mr. Kim shook his head before sitting beside his wife, "Sang-Il won't eat no matter how many times I tried to tell him to," he explained before crossing his arms, leaning against the steel waiting chair, looking at the ceiling as he heaved another heavy sigh.

They were quiet for a few minutes – the past few days, Sang-Il hadn't been eating properly, and although what he did to his wife and daughter was too much and scarring, the Kim was too kind for their own good – the proof would be that they still took care of Sang-Il.

"Maybe if we asked Sejeong, Sang-Il would listen," Lina said softly, "but she won't even come to the hospital anymore," she continued with a sigh, hanging her head low.

Fifteen minutes later, Y/n, Sejeong, and Wendy finally arrived at the hospital, and they quickly went to the floor where Sejeong's father was hospitalized. As they approached his room, the three noticed the gloomy expression on Lina and Mr and Mrs Kim's faces.

"Mom, what's wrong?" asked Y/n once he was close enough to them.