Chapter 10

"I love you, Irene!"

Y/n's words lingered in her head the whole time. As of now, she's taking a short break from digging potatoes while Y/n and his cousin, Sejeong were still busy with digging.

"What should I tell him..." Irene asked herself. She let out a sigh and hung her head low before pulling some weeds from the spot she's sitting on.

"Well, whatever it is, you better tell him as soon as possible," Irene gasped and immediately shot her head up before meeting Y/n's mother's eyes. She was smiling at Irene while offering a bottle of energy drink. Irene took the drink from Mrs Kim's hand politely before thanking her, her voice barely audible.

Mrs Kim took a seat beside her and heaved a huge sigh. "You know, Y/n might look like he doesn't care about most things but he actually hates it when people keep important things away from him."

Irene turned her head to face Mrs Kim while raising her eyebrows. "What does that..."

"To put it simply, Y/n wants to know everything that he should be aware of or notified about any important matters..." Said Mrs Kim before chugging on her energy drink. "So you should tell him if there's anything that he should know..." She added. After sitting for about five minutes, Mrs Kim put her energy drink aside and got up, getting ready to get back to digging potatoes. "Well, I should get back to work..." Said Mrs Kim before fixing her boots.

Irene thought about what Mrs Kim said for a while before deciding on something that she think might be the right thing to do. "Wait, Mrs Kim..." Irene stopped her right before she's about to walk away. Mrs Kim turned her head to face Irene and hummed in response. "Actually..." Irene bit her lower lip and thought for a while before clearing her throat.

"Y/n told me that he uh... He..."

"He...?"

"He confessed to me," Irene answered truthfully.

Mrs Kim couldn't have a bigger smile on her face upon hearing what Irene just said to her. She quickly took a seat beside Irene again and seeing how big the smile on Mrs Kim face was, Irene felt a slight regret about bringing the topic out.

"He did? That's brave of him," said Mrs Kim. "So what did you tell him?"

Irene was quiet for a moment while trying to find the right word to say. "Well... I... Didn't say anything..." She stuttered. Mrs Kim stared at her for the whole conversation and finally let out an understanding hum and nod.

"You didn't say anything because you are currently in a relationship, right?"

The question that came out of Mrs Kim's mouth made an impression on Irene. How could she know that? Was what Irene thought.

"I can tell from the way you are hesitating to bring this topic out," explained Mrs Kim. Irene nodded and her respect for Mrs Kim couldn't get any higher.

Irene violently shook her head and sighed, "don't get me wrong! Y/n is a good person, a great one even! And... I do like him too, but..."

Mrs Kim took her dirty gloves off and rests her hand on Irene's shoulder, "you need to sort out your feelings, Irene... If you are in a relationship and feels something for Y/n at the same time, that would ruin your relationship, you know that right?" Irene nodded and let out a sigh. "I don't want to interfere with you and Y/n's relationship but if you really like him, you should tell him the truth and work things out... Don't leave people waiting for too long..."

Irene fell quiet after getting the advice from Mrs Kim. "But this man you are in a relationship at the moment... Is he a celebrity too?"

Irene nodded.