Chapter 25

Wendy rolled her eyes at Y/n, "you are getting more confident with your words," she exclaimed before looking at him. "Hey, remember that I am two years older than you."

Y/n chuckled and looked at her, "should I be addressing you as noona, then?"

"No. That will make me feel old," Wendy replied.

The car was filled with laughter as they drove to another shop – a small building selling hand-carved souvenirs; the owner's works were displayed on a glass display and outside the shop.

Wendy looked at Y/n, tilting her head. "Oh, what are we doing here?" she asked, curious why he stopped at the shop.

Y/n shrugged, "I asked the owner to carve me something a while ago. He texted me last night that it is ready," he answered before taking his seatbelt off and getting off the car.

She followed him out of the car and into the shop – it was Wendy's first time in the shop, and she never thought there would be this kind of shop in town.

Y/n looked at his girlfriend's expression before smiling, pulling her deeper into the shop. It didn't have a lot of customers at the time, so Wendy wasn't as worried about having her face revealed.

"Ah, Y/n..."

The couple turned their attention to the voice – the shop's owner, sitting behind the counter. Y/n smiled at him before walking towards it.

"Mr. Song, you said the thing I asked you to carve is done, right?"

Mr Song nodded before disappearing into the backroom, emerging a few minutes later with a small, fist-sized squirrel whittling in hand. "Here you go," he said, handing it to Y/n.

Y/n thanked him before taking it and studying it.

Mr Song smiled, "you said the animal reminded you of someone, right? Perhaps... is she the person you were referring to?" he asked, looking at Wendy with a sweet smile.

Wendy looked at Y/n, a hopeful smile on her face. Y/n looked up from the whittling and chuckled, blushing as he told the owner to keep it down. She couldn't help but chuckle at his action, "you think I looked like a squirrel?" she asked, tilting her head to look at Y/n's red face.

"I... I mean..." Y/n cleared his throat as he looked away from her.

She giggled, "I'm not offended or anything, Y/n. I was just asking because I like squirrels, you know?"

Y/n looked up, a new confidence on his face, "in that case," he looked at Mr Song and then at Wendy, "it worked out for the better then, right?"

Mr Song laughed, "it's a win-win for everyone!"

After sharing a good laugh with Mr Song, Isaac paid for the product before thanking him and leaving the shop with Wendy.

As soon as they got in the car, Wendy giggled softly.

"What?" asked Y/n, looking at her.

Wendy shook her head, "are you confident with driving the car now?"

Y/n raised his eyebrows, exhaling loudly as he tapped his fingers against the steering, "well, it comes with a good safety system, like you said," he replied with a grin.

"Did I say that?" asked Wendy, tilting her head.

He nodded and pulled out of the driveway and onto the main road. The ride home was quiet, but each other's presence was enough to make them happy.

***

Once they pulled into the driveway, Y/n stopped the car and stared at the house before them, sighing softly.

Wendy looked at him, noticing the look on his face, "what's wrong?" she asked.

Y/n looked at her and smiled softly, shaking his head. "It's nothing. I'm just thinking about what mom said to me yesterday," he exclaimed.

"Stop thinking about it... just focus on me for now," Wendy said, turning to her side as she cupped Y/n's cheeks. "No matter what your choice will be in the future, I will be ready for it, but for now..." she leaned in and kissed his lips softly, "only focus on me."

The kiss was enough to take the matter off his chest as Y/n nodded, kissing Wendy again.

A knock on the car window made them break their kiss Y/n looked at the person who was knocking. "You sure are good with your timing to interfere, Sejeong," he sighed.

Wendy chuckled and unbuckled her seatbelt before exiting the car and walking towards Sejeong.

"Ah, Wendy – just the person I was looking for," Sejeong said with a huge smile.

Wendy hummed, tilting her head, "what's wrong?"

Sejeong crossed her arms, and her smile grew wider, "the thing is," she cleared her throat as she looked at Y/n, who was getting off the car. "Two days from now, the village will hold its annual festival to celebrate its foundation."

"I see," Wendy nodded.

Sejeong nodded as well, "so, Y/n's mom texted me a few minutes ago, asking if you would like to perform a song or two for the competition," she said. "Don't worry – she didn't disclose your name or anything about your group," she quickly added.

Y/n stepped in between them with the wallpapers in hand, "no way. Wendy will beat everyone if she joins," he said.

Sejeong rolled her eyes, "oh, come on...."

Wendy giggled at the two, "I think you think too highly of me, Y/n."

"It's true though, isn't it?" he replied, grinning before entering the house.

When he disappeared into the house, Wendy looked at Sejeong, "I will think about it first," she said before following Y/n.

The next day, Irene and her members were having breakfast at their dorm, with Irene being the last to join them at the dining table.

"Good morning, sleeping beauty," Seulgi greeted.

Yeri shook her head, swallowing the food in her mouth, "I think she would prefer it if we call her 'original visual'," she said.

Irene rolled her eyes, chuckling at the two – she didn't have the energy to deal with the chaotic duo in the morning.

Joy put a cup in front of Irene, "want some coffee?" she offered.

Irene nodded, "yes, please, thank you," she smiled before pulling her phone out and checking the news for the day. As she scrolled through the articles, her eyes widened as she stumbled upon an article that caught her attention.

"Hey," Irene tapped the table, gaining the other members' attention. "Listen to this...."

'Wendy of Red Velvet was spotted in a souvenir shop with a mysterious guy yesterday. Who could that guy be? Is Wendy dating anyone?

Source: allkpop.com'

They quickly recognized the mysterious guy in the photo – it was Y/n.

"No way! Wendy is at Y/n's village?" Yeri laughed, not believing what she just saw. Joy quickly nudged the maknae before gesturing to Irene; her face lost its shine as she stared at her phone screen in disbelief.