Chapter 33

As Y/n and Wendy walked through the villagers, he could feel the eyes on them as they walked past them.

"They are watching us...." whispered Wendy.

Y/n looked at her and pulled her closer, wrapping an arm around her shoulders before using his hand to cover her face, "don't mind them... let's keep walking," he whispered back as they increased their pace.

After a ten-minute walk, they got to the community hall where Sejeong and the others were busy helping the elderly, leading them to empty seats and ensuring they were comfortable.

"Don't just stand there, both of you!"

Y/n and Wendy looked at them before exchanging looks, "let's help them," the former said before taking her towards the others as they started to help Sejeong and the others.

Meanwhile, Chungha looked around her before walking towards someone sitting on a bench that oversaw the temple a few hundred meters from the town square – they were on a small natural hill that the villagers preserved as part of their famous landmarks.

"You are right. Y/n is dating Wendy," Chungha said to the person before looking at them.

The person nodded, crossing their arms, "that's good to know... now, you remember our agreement, right?" they asked Chungha with a serious expression.

Chungha heaved a heavy sigh, nodding before crossing her feet, "I do..." she replied while watching the lively town square – it was only 10 in the morning, and there were already many people there – even people from neighbouring villages came.

"So, what do you say?"

She blinked a few times before shifting her attention to the person beside her, "what do you mean?"

They sighed before crossing their arms, "reveal their secret," they said.

Chungha thought about it, "What? Do you want me to be an anonymous Andy?"

"Something similar."

Chungha sighed and looked out the distance again as she recalled her conversation with Y/n a while ago...

"Now that you know about me and Wendy, can you do me a favour?" asked Y/n, looking at Chungha hopefully.

The latter smiled softly, "you want me to keep it a secret, right?"

Y/n nodded, "If possible, I want as few people as possible to know about us."

Chungha thought about it – there was no harm in her accepting the favour, but she also agreed with someone to confirm their relationship.

"Chungha?"

Chungha blinked a few times before looking at Y/n again with a smile, "Of course. I will not tell anyone," she nodded before making a zipping gesture across her lips. "Well then..."

Back in the present, Chungha looked at the person and smiled slyly, "I'm sorry, but I will pass on that opportunity," she said before getting up and about to walk away.

"Wait – are you sure?" the person asked, hurriedly getting up from the bench. "What about your chance of becoming a model?"

Chungha stopped on her track and stared at the ground – the person had promised that they would help her strike up modelling deals with top brands in the country, and Chungha was tempted at first, but after realizing how sincere Y/n was when asking her for the favour, she had second thoughts on the deal.

"Think about it; if you help me, I will help you fulfil your dream of becoming a top model," the person said, getting a little desperate.

After contemplating for a few minutes, Chungha sighed heavily before turning on her heels to look at the person, "I'm sorry, Mr Kim, but I have a change of heart, and as Y/n's friend, I promised him to keep it a secret."

Manager Kim clicked his tongue, "Chungha, are you sure this is your final decision? I can help you...."

"Mr Kim," Chungha cut him off while smiling, "now that I think about it... you are more like the antagonist here. Why do you want to hurt them so badly? Did Y/n ever do anything to you?"

"That's not the point, Chungha...." Manager Kim shook his head, "I told you, didn't I? Y/n is..."

Chungha shook her head, "what's so bad about Wendy, or Irene for that matter, starting to make their own decisions or voicing their thoughts?"

Manager Kim shook his head, "you don't get it. They are idols, and if they start to make their own decisions, what would happen if they made a mistake?"

"And? Idols are human, too, right? Don't you think they have as much right as we do to make decisions?"

After the questions came out of her mouth, Manager Kim clicked his tongue, "you know what? Fine, it's your loss," he said before dismissing Chungha.

Chungha gave him a side-eye, "if you want them to break up that badly, why don't you do it yourself?" she asked before walking away.

Back in the community hall, Y/n and Wendy sat in the last row, with Sejeong and the rest of their friends sitting in the row in front of them.

"What are we going to do?" asked Wendy, looking at Y/n.

Y/n smiled as he looked at her, intertwining their fingers before leaning in to reply, "There is this competition for little kids every time we hold this festival where they showcase their talents," he said.

Wendy looked at him, "So, a talent show?"

"It is, yeah."

Wendy nodded and turned her attention to the stage in front – kids in white outfits started filling it while holding banners and pompoms, "it's their opening act," Y/n said, noticing the curiosity on her face.

After an hour filled with laughter, Y/n and Wendy looked at each other, and both had a look that said, 'Let's get out of here' as the hall was getting more crowded as time passed.

Y/n cleared his throat and tapped Sejeong's shoulder before leaning forward to whisper, "Wendy and I are going to explore the square," he said.

Sejeong looked over her shoulder, "alright. We will join you guys later," she replied before turning to the stage again. Y/n nodded and returned to his seat, looking at Wendy before getting up.

"Let's go," he said to Wendy before taking her out of the hall.

Once outside, Y/n looked at Wendy with a smile, "are you hungry?" he asked, tilting his head.

Wendy hummed and looked at him, "a little," she answered before smiling.

"Let's get something to eat then," Y/n said, taking her hand as they walked towards the ramen stand a few meters away from the hall.

"Wendy?"

They stopped when someone called for Wendy, and they turned towards the person calling for her. Their eyes landed on a guy shorter than Y/n with dyed dark brown hair smiling at them.

Y/n looked at Wendy, seeing the excitement on her face as she smiled widely at the person. "Minhyuk?"