Chapter 8

"Why are you here?" asked Irene, still hiding her face from the person. Her grip on Y/n's shirt tighten as she wondered how the person could end up in the house where she thought no one would find her.

"Why don't we talk downstairs?" asked the person before walking out of the room. "I'll be waiting downstairs... With the others," they added before finally leaving the room. If Irene's eyes could go any wider, it would pop out - especially after hearing the person mentioning 'others'.

"I'll go and wash my face first," said Y/n with a smile before getting off the bed, leaving Irene on it. After Y/n closed the bathroom door, she sat on the bed and stared blankly at the floor before fixing her hair, tying it into a messy bun. Y/n opened the bathroom door not long after that and peeked his head out, "why don't you go downstairs and greet your friends first? I will join you guys soon," he said with a smile and Irene looked at him, nodding with a smile before getting off the bed and finally out of Y/n's room.

From the stairs, Irene could hear multiple people's voice coming from the kitchen and this made Irene nervous. She nervously walked down the stairs and gulped before peeking her head on the kitchen door. "Why... Why are you guys here?" she asked, looking at everyone that were in the kitchen.

All of them looked at Irene almost at the same time and smirked at her. "Look who's finally awake," said one of them. Irene sighed before finally entering the kitchen. She made her way towards the owner of the voice and sat beside them before looking at the others.

"Did you take them here?" asked Irene, looking at her manager. The latter looked away while scratching his nape and was about to answer Irene's question before another person speaks.

"It was originally just me but..." the person sighed and looked at the other person in the room, "Yeri insisted on coming with me, saying she wanted to see how you are doing with her own eyes," added the person and Yeri, who happened to be sitting next to Irene.

"And what makes you think it would be fine even if it's just you, Wendy?" asked Irene, leaning against the chair she was sitting on. With a smile, Wendy shrugs and looked at the manager who, up to this point was still avoiding Irene's eye contact. Irene let out a heavy sigh and hung her head low, "listen... I know I haven't contacted you guys in a while but... Like I said, I wanted to stay away from everything related to the industry at the moment and have some time for myself..." she added and looked at Yeri who was frowning.

It was rare to see Yeri, who seemed to be a sassy girl to frown like she's doing at the moment. "Does that mean you hate us? Is that why you don't want us come visiting?" she asked. Irene shook her head and patted Yeri's head before flashing a soft smile.

"That's not what I meant, Yeri... Of course I would want you guys to visit but... Not this soon," said Irene before turning her head towards the door. Just then, Y/n entered the kitchen while drying his hair using a small towel - he had a plain white t-shirt, which happens to be matching with Irene's shirt and a pair of black shorts. "Do you want some tea?" Irene asked Y/n with a smile. Her action surprises everyone in the room, well with the exception of Y/n who was clueless with what's going on.

"What happened to the cold queen, Irene?" asked Wendy in a joking manner. Their manager looked at Irene and then at Y/n in confusion. He had never seen such action coming from Irene - even when Suho came over to visit Irene at their dorm.

"Tea sounds lovely," said Y/n and after noticing Yeri and Wendy, he bowed at them. "Hi, I'm Y/n," he said to them, introducing himself.

Yeri and Wendy awkwardly bowed at him as well before looking at each other in confusion. Y/n walked towards the dining table where Irene and the others were sitting on at the moment and took a sit at the empty seat at the end of the dining table. "I'm Wendy and this is..."