Chapter 44

Y/n stared at Wendy with a soft smile before leaning in to kiss her cheek. Sejeong groaned at the sight and rolled her eyes, "get a room, you guys!" she whined.

Wendy looked at her boyfriend with a surprised look, but a smile was evident on her face, "what was that for?" she asked softly.

"I don't know. I just want to kiss you," Y/n replied before getting up from the floor. "I need to use the bathroom. I'll be back in a while," he added before kissing Wendy's forehead and leaving the living room.

Right after Y/n left for the toilet, Irene and Suho went downstairs, joining Sejeong and Wendy in the living room. Sejeong, who noticed that the couple entered the room hand-in-hand, smiled, and crossed her arms, "oh, that's a good sight," she exclaimed.

Suho chuckled and settled on the floor with Irene, "what's a good sight?" he asked the younger girl.

"To see you and Irene holding hands," Sejeong replied.

Wendy looked at them and nodded in agreement, "yeah, this is the first time I've seen you guys holding hands," she exclaimed before scooting on the floor, giving space for the couple while also turning to face them.

"Well, you guys better get used to it," Irene said with a smile before looking around the room, "speaking of which – where is Y/n?"

"Oh, he is in the toilet."

Meanwhile, Y/n had just finished his business in the toilet and was washing his hands. He looked at his reflection in the mirror, and a smile formed on his face – he was still in disbelief at how different he used to be appearance-wise from when he was in high school. It was a random thought, but the fact that Wendy was willing to accept him even after seeing how he used to look back then made him feel proud.

The thought of his past appearance made Y/n remember how the confession to Chungha went.

The year 2011

"Are you sure it would be a good idea, Y/n?" asked Jaehyun, one of Y/n's friends.

Y/n looked at his friend with a confident smile before nodding. "I am sure – besides, Chungha is a kind girl, so the worst she could say is no."

Jaehyun sighed and crossed his arms, "I don't know... I couldn't help but feel scared that your plan wouldn't go as planned."

"Don't worry, Jaehyun. It's just your feelings," said Y/n before tapping his friend's shoulder. Right then, the bell rang, and they looked at each other before heading to class.

When they got to their class on the third floor of the building, Y/n was out of breath and sweating badly. He went to his seat, and as soon as she sat down, he breathed loudly while wiping his sweat using his handkerchief.

His seatmate, a girl, quickly covered her nose while distancing herself from Y/n, "hey, can you at least use deodorant? You smell so bad," she complained, gaining other students' attention.

Y/n looked at her and then at the other students before sniffing his uniform – he didn't mind what his seatmate said, but he still made sure he didn't smell bad. "I did use one, though," he said to her before sighing.

Not long after that, their teacher entered the classroom, and their lesson started for the day.

***

Later that day, it was finally time to go home, and Y/n waited outside the school building for Chungha.

"Well, good luck Y/n," Jaehyun said to his friend before giving him a tap on the shoulder and walking away towards the school gate.