Chapter 12

After sharing a kiss, Irene and Y/n finally headed home. Their walk home was filled with soft laughter, but then the soft laughter became more audible when at some point, they were chased by a dog.

After successfully escaping the dog, they reached home. "I guess they are asleep by now," said Y/n quietly before looking at Irene who nodded lightly at Y/n's statement.

Afraid that they might wake the others up, they tried to walk up the stairs to the second floor as quiet as possible. Once they were upstairs, Y/n and Irene heaved a relieved sigh.

"I'm heading to bed now..." said Irene. "See you tomorrow."

Y/n nodded and patted her head before placing a soft kiss on her forehead. Irene was unable to hide her red face from the kiss, but fortunately, the hallway they were standing at was dimly lit so Y/n could not see her face.

"Good night," Y/n wished Irene with a gentle voice before walking towards their respective bedrooms. A small smile was still on Y/n's face as he entered his room and he didn't waste any time as he quickly jumped on his bed and wrapped himself in his blanket.

Meanwhile, Irene entered her room and as soon as she closes her door, she was greeted with giggles from her members. She looked at them while raising an eyebrow, "what?" She asked after seeing how stupid her members looked when they are teasing her.

"I'm hEaDiNg to bEd noW..." Yeri started to replay what Irene said to Y/n a while ago and Irene started to get red again, only this time, her flustered face was visible to Yeri and the others.

"See yOu tOmoRroW..." Seulgi joined in and Irene sighed, crossing her arms.

"You know it is rude to eavesdrop, right?" Irene said while eyeing every one of them. Her eyes finally landed on Wendy who has a goofy smile on her face.

Wendy raised her eyebrows and started shaking her head violently, "don't look at me. It was them!" She responded before pointing at Yeri, and Seulgi. Irene tilted her head while cocking an eyebrow. "I... Fine... But at least I don't mock you," she sighed before lying down on the bed, next to Joy who was already asleep.

"Oh, by the way... The uh... The bed is full, so you will have to either sleep with Sejeong or, you know?" Wendy looked up at Irene again while wiggling her eyebrows, "with your prince charming," she finished her sentences.

"I... H... Hey, that's..." Irene stammered before looking at Yeri and Seulgi, who at that point were trying their best to hold in their laughter in respect of Joy, who, according to Yeri is scary if disturbed in her sleep.

Wendy shrugged and got up from the bed before handing a pillow to Irene, "I purposely didn't give you a blanket because..."

Irene rolled her eyes and took the pillow from Wendy, "yeah, I know... I will be sharing with Y/n anyway," she cuts Wendy off.

"Wow, not even contemplating it, huh?" Wendy replied with a cheeky smile and Irene found herself having a hard time coming up with words to say. Yeri and Seulgi, needless to say, were wheezing and covering their faces with pillows. "Go already," Wendy said, opening the door and gently pushing Irene out of the room, "good night, we love you!" She whisper-shout at Irene before closing the door.

Irene stared at the door for a few seconds before sighing. She turned on her heel and walked towards Y/n's room quickly. She knocked on the door and after a while, Y/n answered with a hum and a who is there.

"It's me... Irene..." Irene paused in between words and looked down on her feet while waiting for Y/n to open the door for her. After exactly thirty seconds, the door opened.

"Irene? Why aren't you asleep yet?"

Irene looked at Y/n and then at the door leading to her room, "they kicked me out of the room," she replied. "So um..." She pursed her lips and looked at Y/n, "can I... Sleep in here?" She added while politely pointing at Y/n's room. The latter nodded and gave way for Irene to enter the room. Irene mumbled a small thanks to Y/n before entering and once she was actually inside the room, she went blank.

Y/n smiled at her before closing the door. He walked towards his bed and sat on it before looking at Irene, the smile still on his face. "So... What are you going to do now? Sleep? Or..."

Irene looked at Y/n and thought for a while before slowly making her way towards the bed as well. She sat next to him and rest her head on Y/n's shoulder, staring at the wall without saying anything.

"This works too..." Y/n mumbled before taking Irene's hand, holding it dearly while staring at the wall as well.

After sitting there and staring at the wall like dolls for a good five minutes, Y/n finally got up and lay on his bed in a better position. Irene was snapped out of whatever she was thinking about too and soon lay next to Y/n. It felt natural, and normal for Irene to simply lie down next to him and sleep, but it wasn't something that is normal for her to do.

"Good night," Y/n said softly before pulling Irene close and cuddling her before slowly falling asleep with Irene in his arms.

It was a little harder for Irene to fall asleep, not because she was uncomfortable with the position they were in, but because of how happy and excited she felt being around Y/n, and how safe he made her feel, but eventually, Irene fell asleep as well.

The next morning, Y/n woke up a little earlier than Irene, and he smiled after feeling Irene still in his arms. He started to stroke her hair gently and fell asleep again because of how quiet it was. Irene then woke up a few minutes after Y/n went back to sleep, and she stared at him for a moment before falling back to sleep as well.

...Who goes back to sleep after waking up in the morning...? Certainly not me. It might be you guys... I can tell. :)

Meanwhile, in the living room, Wendy, Seulgi, Yeri, and Joy were standing while looking at their manager and someone they were shocked to see.

"Seriously?" Wendy asked.

Their manager sighed and crossed his arms, "I don't have much of a choice, guys..."

"Is Irene still asleep?" Asked the person that the girls were shocked to see. "I think we came here too early," said the person before looking at the girls with a smile.

"She must be exhausted, Suho..."