Chapter 48

Irene got up from the floor, "excuse me," she said before walking out of the living room to answer the call. She went upstairs and looked around her before picking up the call.

"Hello?"

"Unnie... this is bad..."

It was Seulgi, and it seemed urgent, judging from how she spoke in a hushed tone. "Seulgi, what is it? What happened?" asked Irene, looking around to make sure no one was eavesdropping on her.

The voice of Manager Kim was in the background from Seulgi's side of the call. It took Seulgi a few minutes before she started talking again.

"Manager Kim... he is talking to Manager Song right now."

Irene's brows furrowed as she looked behind her before entering the guest room, "Let me guess," she cleared her throat and closed the door behind her, "He is asking Manager Song to come and pick us up."

Seulgi sighed, "Yes..."

At the same time, Song was on the call with Manager Kim. The latter was still unaware of Song being at Y/n's place with the girls – he lied to Manager Kim because he knew what kind of control freak he was.

"Sunbae, don't you think they deserve their break after working tirelessly?"

Manager Kim scoffed before clearing his throat, "For your information, Manager Song, I am the one that decide if they deserve the break – and now, I'm letting you know that they need to get back to work."

Song sighed softly, leaning against the wall as he listened to Manager Kim.

"So, either you go there and tell them to return ASAP, or I will do it."

"Sunbae..."

"Nu-uh, Manager Song – you choose, either you do it, or I do."

Meanwhile, Wendy, Y/n, Sejeong, and Suho, who had just finished helping Y/n's mom clean the dishes, were in the living room, waiting for the other two to return.

"Are you sleepy?" asked Y/n softly while watching Wendy struggle to stay awake as he patted her head. "You should head upstairs and get a rest if you are," he added with a soft smile.

Wendy shook her head and took one of Y/n's hands, holding it close while smiling, "don't worry...I'm not sleepy," she hummed before closing her eyes, "I'm just trying to enjoy your presence," she added.

Sejeong, watching the couple, looked disapprovingly at them before sighing, "get a room, you two," she complained before drinking a shot of soju. "We don't need you two lovebirds to act all lovey-dovey in the living room."

"It sounds to me like you are jealous, Sejeong," Suho, who was also watching the couple, said teasingly.

"Jealous?" Sejeong looked at Suho in disbelief, "please, I am anything but jealous at these two," she exclaimed before turning her attention to Y/n and Wendy, who were looking at Sejeong.

Suho chuckled softly before crossing his arms, "sure, you aren't," he said sarcastically before looking at the door, where Irene and Manager Song entered almost simultaneously.

"Who was it?" asked Wendy when she saw Manager Song enter first.

Song sighed softly and sat on the empty spot beside Sejeong on the floor, "it was Manager Kim," he answered before filling his cup with soju, one-shotting it. "He told me to get you girls back to Seoul as soon as possible."

Wendy sat up when she heard what Song said. "He can't do that!" she exclaimed in disbelief, "we already agreed..."

"Sure, he can," Irene said, sitting beside Suho on the floor, "don't you remember? He gets what he wants," she continued before sighing, putting her phone beside her before crossing her arms.

"Who called you just now?" Suho asked, looking at his girlfriend, who was looking frustrated.

Irene looked at him, "it was Seulgi," she answered. "She told me about Manager Kim asking Manager Song to get us back to Seoul, and she also told me about his decision to cut our vacation short."

"What?!" Wendy scoffed before rolling her eyes, "this is so unfair!" she exclaimed before getting up from the floor, "I'm not going back to Seoul, at least not until the vacation that we agreed on is over," she said before leaving the living room, heading upstairs.

"Wendy..." Y/n tried to stop her, but Wendy was quick on her feet as she was already halfway through the stairs.

Irene sighed, "I agree with Wendy – this is so unfair," she said before looking at the stairs, "especially for Wendy," she added.

Manager Song nodded in agreement before sighing as well, "I feel sorry for her," he said before looking at Y/n, who was looking at them with knitted eyebrows, and before he could ask the question he had in mind, Song continued to talk, "Wendy was being overworked by company, and she barely have any rest."

Y/n didn't have to hear further as he got up and went upstairs, where Wendy ran off. "Wendy?" he called once he was on the second floor. There wasn't any response, so he cleared his throat and called again, "Wendy, where are you?"

It took a minute for Wendy to respond, "I'm here," she answered – her voice coming from the guest room. Y/n sighed softly and entered the room, seeing Wendy sniffling softly at the edge of the bed while looking out the window.

"Wendy..."

Wendy shook her head before looking down, "I don't..." she sighed and took a deep breath to prevent herself from crying, "I don't want to go back yet, Y/n," she said without facing her boyfriend.

Y/n sighed – it ached his heart to see Wendy trying her best not to cry, so he quickly went to her side and wrapped her in a tight hug, "I know, baby..." he said softly, kissing her head before feeling Wendy wrapping her arms around him.

"I don't want to leave you yet..." Wendy said, finally looking at Y/n with bloodshot eyes, her face red from trying to prevent herself from crying, "I want to spend more time with you," she added.

"I do too, Wendy," Y/n reached out to caress her cheeks before pecking her lips softly, "I'm happy when you are around me, but..." he sighed before looking down and then at Wendy again after a few seconds, "it's Manager Kim we are talking about."

Wendy sighed and rested her head against Y/n's chest, "I... I'm tired, Y/n..." she said softly before closing her eyes, "let's not... let's not bring up him in this conversation," she added.

Y/n sighed softly, nodding before cupping her cheeks, "you should rest, Wendy..." he said while caressing her cheeks, "your head will only hurt if you think about this too much," he added, kissing her forehead before they broke the hug.

***

Later that night, Y/n, Irene, Suho, Sejeong, and Song were still in the living room, thinking of a way to make Manager Kim change his mind, although they knew it was impossible.

"Isn't there anything we can do?" Suho sighed, crossing his arms before looking outside while trying to come up with ideas. The whole room went quiet afterward; none attempted to open a conversation.

Y/n was in deep thought for a few minutes. He cleared his throat before speaking, breaking the silence. "I have an idea," he said, looking at the others – they were looking at him in anticipation. "But this idea might seem... a little hard to execute in secret," he exclaimed.

Manager Song tilted his head, "what is it?"