Chapter 21

Y/n continued staring at the TV until Mrs Han entered the living room with a tray of orange juice and a few packs of biscuits. "Help yourself to some orange juice, Y/n."

He looked at Mrs Han before getting up from the sofa, "I appreciate the kind gesture, ma'am, but I have to go now. I just remembered that I got something to do at home," he said, bowing to her.

"Well, at least have a drink first before heading out," Mrs Han insisted before handing Y/n a glass of orange juice. The latter sighed softly and took the glass from her hand, thanking her softly before chugging it down all at once.

Putting the glass down, Y/n bowed to her, "thank you for the juice," he said before walking toward the front door and leaving the house afterwards.

While on the way home, Y/n thought about the news ticker he saw back in the Han household. "It must have something to do with why she have to return to Seoul so soon," he said. Y/n continued to walk while kicking the same pebble all the way home.

As soon as he arrived at the entrance of their house, he looked out the window of the guest room on the second floor where Irene used to stay for a few minutes before heaving a sigh. Why do I think about her? Y/n thought as he shook the thought of Irene off her head before slowly opening the door. Immediately after taking his shoes off, Y/n went to the living room without batting an eye at the kitchen before sitting on the carpeted floor, leaning against the wall while staring outside.

"So, what brings you here today, Wendy?"

At the mention of Wendy's name, Y/n quickly got on his feet and went to the kitchen, where his mother was speaking to someone. "Mom, who are you talking to..." he paused when he saw the mentioned girl sitting at the dining table, smiling at him.

"Wendy...? What are you... why are you...." Y/n found it difficult to form a proper sentence when he saw her – they were only apart for a week, but a lot changed in Wendy's appearance – her long blonde hair was trimmed shorter, and it was dyed dark brown as well as new piercings on her ears.

Seeing how Y/n was surprised to see her, Wendy couldn't help but giggle. "Hi, Y/n."

The two didn't talk again after that as they continued to stare at each other for a few minutes. Finally, Mrs Kim, noticing the situation cleared her throat, "I guess I will excuse myself. The two of you seemed to be needing some alone time," she said before disappearing to the second floor.

"Come on, sit down," Wendy said, patting the empty chair beside her before Y/n nodded, sitting beside her. As soon as he was seated, she looked at him with a huge smile, "how are you?" she asked, resting her arms on the table.

Y/n shrugged and returned the smile, "I've been good, but I don't know... it's just that, I miss you, that's all."

"I miss you too, Y/n."

Y/n smiled at the reply before pursing his lips. He looked around the room before looking at Wendy, "I like your uh... I like your new hair," he said, awkwardly pointing at her hair.

Wendy blushed at the compliment before touching her hair, gently patting it, "you do?" she asked with a smile.

"Yeah, it suits you," Y/n replied.

"I'm glad you like it," Wendy said softly before looking away from him in an attempt to hide her red face. She never thought a compliment from Y/n would have this kind of effect on her, but she wasn't complaining since it felt special when the compliment came from someone you like.

"I really like it," said Y/n before cupping Wendy's cheek with a hand and brushing some hair off her face with another.

Wendy smiled at him before pulling her seat closer to Y/n's. "You didn't change much, but you still look as handsome as ever," she returned the compliment. Y/n chuckled at her attempt before lowering his head, shaking it before looking back at her.