Chapter 14

"Move," Y/n said, not looking at Wendy and Joy who were in his way.

"Y/n, please, let Irene explain her situation," Wendy replied.

Y/n sighed and rolled his eyes before slipping between the girls, and reaching for the exit door. He didn't say anything to them, but it was obvious that Y/n didn't have any intention to listen to anyone now – all he wanted to do was get out of the house and breathe in the fresh air.

Once he was out of the house, Y/n didn't waste any time as he made his way toward the potato field, at least he wouldn't be disturbed by anyone there.

Meanwhile, Irene, Suho, and her manager were in the living room, looking at each other without saying a word. Y/n's grandparents, mother, and Sejeong were in the kitchen with Seulgi and Yeri, who were explaining the situation – they thought Y/n's family would have a hard time grasping the situation, but they took it easy.

"So, he is Irene's boyfriend, right?" asked Y/n's mother and Yeri nodded. "And he is not supposed to be here right now," she added. Yeri nodded again and Y/n's mother sighed, looking in the direction of the living room.

"I thought we have an agreement, Manager Kim," Irene shot her manager a glare, but he avoided her eyes.

"Aren't you happy to see me, Irene?" asked Suho, ignoring the glare Irene was shooting at Manager Kim. She blinked a few times and turned her attention toward her boyfriend, softening her glare.

"I am, but I have to ask, why are you here?"

Suho shrugged at the question and smiled, "I was planning on returning later this week, but I just can't help it. I miss you so much," he exclaimed, walking toward Irene to give her a hug.

Y/n, on the other hand, was walking around the field while thinking about the sight he just witnessed back in his house – Suho calling Irene 'honey' and 'babe'. He heaved a long sigh and looked up to the sky, trying to count the countless stars.

"Well, I guess there wouldn't be any date now," Y/n muttered before looking in front again.

"Why are you here this late?"

Y/n jumped at the voice of a certain Yale student.

"Yuri, what are you doing here?" asked Y/n, shocked to see her in the middle of the potato field – as if him being there as well doesn't look weird.

"I was on my way home from the convenience store, then I saw you here," Yuri replied, showing Y/n a small plastic bag in her hand. She tilted her head and crossed her arms before asking Y/n the same question again, "what about you? What are you doing here?"

Y/n shrugged and looked around, "I wanted to get some fresh air, you know? It was a tiring day and..."

Before Y/n could continue, Yuri shook her head while clicking her tongue, "you might be the worst liar I ever met, Y/n."

Y/n raised his eyebrows, "huh? What do you mean?"

Yuri giggled, "I can see it on your face. Something is bothering you," she exclaimed and walked closer toward Y/n, "do you want to talk about it?"

At that time, it wasn't the best option, but Y/n thought it wouldn't hurt to confide in someone.

***

Earlier that evening – two hours after working at the field

Y/n was busy picking a shirt to wear for his date with Irene that night when he overheard Wendy and Joy outside his room.

"What do we do?" asked Wendy in a worried tone.

"Y/n still doesn't know, right?" Joy replied in an optimistic tone. There weren't any more voices after that and Y/n tilted his head, wondering what the two were talking about outside his room. He sighed softly and walked toward his door, opening it, and looking at Wendy and Joy with serious expressions.