Chapter 68

Later that day, Wendy and Y/n went home, walking hand-in-hand with the cool breeze and distant roaring of a tractor engine.

"I heard that you are really going to open a restaurant," Wendy looked at Y/n with a soft smile, "Irene told me by the way," she added before moving closer to Y/n.

Y/n looked at her, raising an eyebrow before chuckling, "I wouldn't call it a restaurant – it was more of a diner kind of operation," he said, furrowing his eyebrows as he shrugged, unsure of how he put it out for Wendy.

"But either way, I'm excited to start it," he added before sighing contentedly – he meant to tell Wendy a long time ago, but things happened, and he forgot to tell her, so Irene told Wendy about Y/n's dream being realized.

However, with how things were going for the Kim family the past few weeks, Y/n was having difficulty determining when he would start preparing the building for operation.

Wendy hummed softly before leaning her head against Y/n's shoulder, "if you need help, feel free to let me know, okay?" she asked before lifting her head, looking at the latter with a soft smile as they stopped walking.

Y/n snapped out of his thought as Wendy offered to give him a hand whenever he needed one, and Y/n returned her smile before nodding, "of course," he replied, kissing her forehead before continuing to walk in silence, enjoying each other's presence.

The walk home was quiet, with Wendy and Y/n feeling warm in each other's presence – but as soon as they stepped into the house and the living room, they could feel the tension coming from the people inside.

"What's wrong?" asked Y/n, noticing the gloominess.

Manager Song, who was sitting by the sh­oji, looked at Y/n, "it's Sejeong – we were talking about going to the hospital to at least see her father, even if it's just a glimpse, but she got mad and won't come out of her bedroom now."

Y/n sighed, crossing his arms before looking at the other girls, who were lying down on the floor – their eyes staring at nothing before Irene looked at the former with pleading eyes, "can you talk to her? We were just trying to be supportive of her..." she said, sitting up from the floor as she fixed her hair.

"Why don't you stay here with them while I talk to Sejeong," said Y/n to Wendy, who nodded before the former smiled and left the living room, heading upstairs to talk with his cousin – he knew that Manager Song and the others were only trying to help Sejeong and her father. But they didn't realize that the girl didn't like being pressed into doing something she wholeheartedly disliked.

As Y/n arrived in front of Sejeong's room, he took a deep breath before knocking. "Sejeong?" he called, but there weren't any responses from the other side, so he knocked again, "Sejeong, are you in there?" called Y/n again, but there was still nothing – he was about to try and open the door, but not long after that, the door opened, revealing Sejeong with a scowl.

"Are you okay?" asked Y/n, tilting his head.

Sejeong huffed before crossing her arms, "do I look okay?" she asked with an attitude, much to her cousin's amusement, as Y/n tried to stifle a giggle. "Are you laughing?" she glared at him before walking closer.

Y/n cleared his throat and looked away from Sejeong, "n-no," he shook his head before covering his mouth with his hand, taking a deep breath before looking at his cousin with a more serious expression, but it quickly disappeared as he saw her face. "I'm not..." he continued, looking down at the floor as he tried to stifle another giggle.

"Urgh – what do you want?" Sejeong asked as she rolled her eyes, leaning against her doorframe while waiting for Y/n to talk.

After a few seconds, Y/n was finally able to compose himself as he looked at his cousin with a more serious face, "let's talk inside," he said before inviting himself into Sejeong's room, sitting on her swivel chair as he waited for Sejeong to sit on the bed, wanting to have a proper talk with her.

Sejeong locked the door behind her before sitting on the bed, facing Y/n, "are you going to ask me to go to the hospital in their stead?" she asked, raising an eyebrow before crossing her arms.

"I..." Y/n cleared his throat and shook his head, "I know you are adamant about not going there," he said before crossing his arms, leaning against the chair before spinning around, stopping as he saw the drawings from when Sejeong was a kid, still stuck on the wall in front of her studying table – he got an idea as he looked the drawings.

"Hey, don't you think it would be good to pay your father a visit?" he asked, tilting his head.

"Are you crazy?" Sejeong quickly retorted as she looked at her cousin with an unamused face. "Do you think my answer would change just because it is you that asked me now?" she raised an eyebrow as they maintained eye contact.

Y/n smiled, "yes," he answered confidently.

Sejeong stared at him in disbelief before sighing, "as if," she said before getting up, grabbing Y/n by the wrist as she led him to the door, "now, get out – I want to get some sleep," she told him before opening the door, waiting for Y/n to leave.

"Have a good rest," Y/n said to Sejeong, patting her head before heading downstairs and into the living room, where the others were conversing. He quietly joined them as Y/n sat beside Wendy, resting his head against his girlfriend's shoulder.

Manager Song looked at Y/n as he saw the latter joining them, "so, what did she say?' he asked, turning his whole body to face Y/n, smiling expectedly.

Y/n shrugged and crossed his arms, "I tried, but..." he hummed and closed his eyes, "well, it's hard to change her mind, but maybe with a little more persuasion, I can convince her," he nodded optimistically before lifting his head from Wendy's head.

"Speaking of which," he looked at Wendy, "do you want to go meet your potential uncle-in-law?" he asked with a sheepish smile, not letting her escape his cheesiness, even for a second.

Wendy looked at her in disbelief, "aren't you tired of being cheesy 24/7?" she asked her boyfriend.

"I know, right? You wouldn't let us rest from your cheesy talking," Joy joined in as she complained, looking at Y/n with a teasing smile – lately, the girls were getting used to tease him, knowing that he could stand a teasing or two, unlike some people they knew.

After a few minutes of banter, Wendy finally nodded at Y/n's question, "yeah, sure – let's go to the hospital," she said, getting up from the floor as she offered her hand to Y/n.

As if on cue, the girls stopped their banter with Y/n when Wendy got up, and Y/n looked at her hand, smiling before taking it, "let's go then," he said before walking towards the hallway.

"Do you want me to drive you guys there?" asked Manager Song as they walked past him.

The couple stopped as Wendy looked at her manager, shaking her head. "It's okay – Y/n will drive us there," she replied before showing Manager Song the key to her car. The latter nodded, smiling before telling Y/n to drive safely.

As they approached the front door, Y/n put his slippers on while waiting for Wendy to wear her sneakers. After a minute, she was done, "let's go," she said with a smile before reaching for the doorknob.

"Wait, I'm coming with you guys."