Chapter 15

When Y/n walked out of the door, he actually didn't have any particular place in mind where he could stay for the night. He said that because he wanted to be alone. He heaved a sigh before walking aimlessly again.

"Y/n, wait!" he stopped when someone called for him. He turned around and saw Wendy catching her breath from a distance.

Y/n turned on his heel and sighed, "why are you following me, Wendy?" he asked.

Wendy wiped her sweat before walking towards Y/n, "Irene asked me to bring you home," she answered after getting closer to him. Y/n stared at her for a few seconds before turning away.

"Forget it, Wendy. I'm not going back there tonight. Irene and her boyfriend should set things right, and I am not supposed to get in their way," he explained, about to walk away.

"Wait," Wendy said, grabbing Y/n by the wrist, "at least tell me where you are going," she continued. The latter sighed and turned to face her again.

He wanted to shout at Wendy and tell her to leave him alone, but after seeing the way she looked at Y/n with concern, the anger in him immediately subsided.

He can't get mad at Wendy when all she wanted to do was to help her friend. They stared at each other for a few minutes before Y/n decided to break the silence that was building up. "... go home, Wendy. I'm sorry you have to go all the way here, but there is nothing you can do that can change my mind."

Y/n gently took Wendy's hand off his wrist before walking away, but she grabbed it once again. "Then, let me come with you," she said and Y/n looked at her in shock.

"Why would you do that?"

Before Wendy could open her mouth to answer, the sky started rumbling, and soon after that, it started to rain. Y/n looked at Wendy and pulled her towards the nearest shelter – which was an old shed.

Once inside, Y/n looked at Wendy and sighed, "I told you to go home, but you won't listen. Now, we are stuck in here," he said, looking around the shed – it was dark, but the streetlight from outside the shed pierced through the gaps on the shed's walls.

"W-who would've thought it would... it would rain," Wendy stuttered as she hugged herself in an attempt to warm up. Y/n sighed again and took his jacket off before wrapping it around Wendy.

Wendy looked at him, feeling fluttered by the sudden gesture from Y/n. The latter looked around before sitting down on a pile of old plywood. He leaned against the wall and crossed his arms. "Now, we have to wait for the rain to stop," said Y/n as he look at Wendy.

After waiting for half an hour, the rain didn't stop. In fact, it started to get heavier, and Wendy walked towards Y/n, sitting down beside him. She grabbed Y/n's jacket and wrapped it tighter around her body.

Y/n, on the other hand, was looking around the shed, seeing if he could do something about the gust of wind that entered through the broken window. After a while, he got up from the pile of plywood and picked up a black plastic bag.

"What are you doing?" asked Wendy.

The latter didn't answer as he tried to block the window by using the plastic bag. He ripped the bag into a bigger piece and tied the ends on each corner of the window. After trying for a few minutes, Y/n finally succeeded in blocking it. He turned on his heel and looked at Wendy with a small smile, "do you still feel cold?"

"A little... but I felt warmer now," Wendy answered while looking at Y/n. The latter sighed in relief before sitting back down beside her. "Thank you, Y/n..."

Y/n looked at her in confusion before tilting his head, "why are you thanking me? It was because of me that we are stuck here," he answered. Wendy shook her head and sighed softly before taking one of Y/n's hands and wrapping it with hers.

"To tell the truth... it wasn't Irene who asked me to bring you back," said Wendy, looking at Y/n. The latter looked away from their hands and tilted his head at her.

"What do you mean?"

Wendy flashed a soft smile. "The truth is, I was worried about you," she admitted.

Y/n stared at her in silence while letting his hand be wrapped in hers – it was something that he really need right now – someone to be there when he needed it the most. "And why are you worried about me?" Y/n replied.

Wendy shrugged and scooted closer towards him, "I don't know... I just am..." she looked at their hands as well, "the moment you walked out of the door, I got worried that you would do something stupid," she added.

Y/n chuckled and looked up from their hands – their face was so close to each other, and he was shocked. "It's good to know that someone is worried about me," he said. Wendy looked up as well and started to blush after realizing the distance between their face.

They stared at each other without saying a word afterwards, and as the rain got heavier, Wendy started to lean in towards Y/n. The latter didn't stop her, nor did he try to look away, and when their lips were about to touch, Wendy looked away and cleared her throat.

"I'm sorry! I didn't know what I was thinking!" Wendy exclaimed as she realized what she was about to do. It was stupid of her to try and do something to a guy that Irene likes. "Oh my God, I'm so stupid!" she continued as she shook her head.

Y/n chuckled at the sight before looking away as well, "you are fine, Wendy. You don't have to apologize," he replied before sighing softly. Even though Y/n knows how much he liked Irene, he still got butterflies in his stomach when Wendy tried to kiss him.

Wendy sighed and looked at him, "but still," she bit her lip, "I almost did something that might ruin our friendship."

Y/n hummed and leaned against the wall, "and how exactly would the kiss ruin our friendship?" he asked in a teasing manner. He was aware of how the kiss might ruin their friendship, but he couldn't help but think that if Irene and Suho were together, then why can't Y/n move on from her and give Wendy a chance instead?

Y/n straightened his back and looked at Wendy with a soft smile, "I mean, don't you think it would be..." he leaned in and peck her lips, leaving her dumbfounded. "awkward..." she continued and looked at Y/n with wide eyes. She started to blush even more after the kiss.

(For you guys coming at me in the comment... just... just trust me on this one, okay?)

"Awkward in what way exactly?"

Wendy shook her head, not knowing how to say it, especially after what Y/n just did.