Chapter 49

The next day, Sejeong, Y/n, his mother, and their grandparents gathered at the front door to send Irene and the others off. "Thank you for your hospitality during our stay," Wendy said to them before bowing.

"You don't have to thank us," Lina said before placing a hand on Wendy's shoulder, "you know that you guys are always welcomed to come back, right?"

Sejeong nodded and smiled at them as well, "yeah, just come back whenever life gets too hard in the city," she told them.

Irene and Wendy looked at her before nodding, "thank you," they said in unison before the latter looked at Y/n, smiling softly at her while crossing his arms. "Y/n..."

"Take care while you are there," Y/n reminded softly before walking towards her, hugging her tightly before humming softly, "I'm going to miss you," he said as they hugged for a good while.

Wendy nodded and wrapped her arms around him, "I know... I will miss you too, a lot," she hummed before looking at Lina, still hugging Y/n, "see you soon, Mrs. Kim."

Lina chuckled softly before shaking her head, "just call me mom at this point," she said before crossing her arms.

The others watched the couple with smiles on their face before Manager Song decided it was time for them to head out, "well," he clasped his hands and smiled at the Kim family, "I guess it's time for us to leave. We don't want to get stuck in a traffic jam," he said before offering his hand.

Y/n and Wendy broke their hug, "oh well," he sighed and smiled at Wendy, "feel free to call me," he told her before kissing her cheek and then shaking Manager Song's hand.

"Y/n," Manager Song smiled before looking at Sejeong, "take care," he said to her before picking up Wendy's luggage from the floor.

Sejeong's cheeks turned into a deep shade of red before she looked down, nodding, "I will," she replied, her voice softer than usual.

Y/n took the luggage from Manager Song while smiling softly, "let me carry it," he said as he walked out of the house and towards Wendy's car.

"Y/n, what are you doing there?" Suho's voice caught his attention as Y/n looked at him, humming. "Put the luggage in this car," Suho said while tapping the black Alphard.

"But I thought...." Y/n pointed at Wendy's M8 and then at the Alphard. "Why..."

Wendy, who happened to step out of the house right then, looked at Y/n with a soft smile, "oh, Y/n, what are you doing there?" she asked as she walked towards him.

Y/n tilted his head, "aren't you taking your car with you?" he asked.

"Ah – no," Wendy shook her head before wrapping her arms around him, not getting enough of his warmth, "I'm leaving it behind," she hummed while closing her eyes.

"Why?"

Wendy hummed softly and looked up with a chipmunk-ish smile, "I figured it would be helpful if you need to go out to town," she exclaimed before tip-toeing to kiss the confused Y/n. "Besides, I will come back here anywhere whenever I am on a break," she said before squishing Y/n's cheeks.

Y/n smiled nervously before taking her hands, holding them close, "but what if something bad happened to it?"

"Then, so be it...We can always send the car to the workshop," she said before breaking the hug and grabbing the luggage, "I left the key in your room. Got to go now, love you!" she said before kissing his cheek and running to the others.

Y/n stared at her in disbelief before waving at her, "I love you too," he replied as he watched them enter the car and drive off. "Drive safe!" he said and received a honking as a response from Manager Song, who was driving the car.

Later that day, the Kim family gathered in the dining room while having lunch. "It's back to just us," Y/n's grandmother said as she ate a perilla leaf. "I'm not complaining, but it would've been a lot more fun with Seungwan and the others around," she added.

Lina chuckled before eating the stew that Y/n cooked, "no one is saying you are complaining, mom," she exclaimed before looking at Y/n, who was staring at his bowl of rice emptily, "and besides, Seungwan-ie's break is over," she said, addressing Wendy with her Korean name.

"I know, I know," Y/n's grandmother nodded before looking at her grandchildren, who were surprisingly quiet – their signature banter while eating, absent. "What happened to you two? Why are you so quiet?"

Y/n looked up from his food and smiled at his grandmother, "nothing, grandma... I'm just thinking about something," he replied.

"Something, or someone?" Sejeong asked while eating her rice.

"Something, Sejeong. It is you that is thinking about a certain man known as Manager Song," Y/n exclaimed nonchalantly before drinking a glass of water. Sejeong started to cough at the mention of Manager Song.

Lina raised an eyebrow before looking at Sejeong, "oh, what is this? Do you like him, Sejeong?"

Sejeong violently shook her head before drinking a glass of water, "it's nothing like that, aunty," she said, clearing her throat before shooting Y/n a glare.

Y/n wiggled his eyebrows at her before focusing on his meal.

*Time Skip*

A few weeks passed since Wendy and the others left the village, and they were busy preparing for their comeback.

"And 1... and 2... and..." the choreographer stopped the music before looking at Wendy, who seemed down – her usual glow while practising gone. The choreographer sighed and crossed her arms before approaching her, "Wendy, are you okay? You are not you today," she said while placing a hand on Wendy's shoulder.

Wendy looked at her before smiling softly, shaking her head. "I'm okay. I'm just..." she sighed before getting up from the floor. "I'm just distracted, I'm sorry..."

The choreographer stared at her briefly before smiling, "was it your boyfriend?"

"My... what?" Wendy looked at her in surprise, blushing.

The latter chuckled and looked at Manager Song, sitting at the corner, before nodding, "Manager Song told me that it's been a week since your boyfriend texted you, is it true?"

Wendy was quiet for a while before finally nodding. "That... That is true," she sighed before crossing her arms, "I just miss him, you know? And I'm scared that he...I don't know... gave up on me."

The choreographer nodded, "I know that feeling when you are away from a loved one," she said before looking at Manager Song again, who was on his phone, "but don't worry... I believe that your boyfriend is a good guy, and he won't give up on you so easily."

"How would you know that?" asked Wendy.

Before the choreographer could talk, Irene cleared her throat, "oh, the pizzas are here," she said before walking out of the practice room, followed by Manager Song.

Wendy tilted her head, "pizza? When did we order..."

"Just wait for the pizza, Wendy... I know you will enjoy it," said Joy while winking.

"What...I don't..."

After a few minutes, Irene returned to the practice room with a huge smile. Wendy looked at her and Manager Song in confusion, "wait, where are the pizzas?" she asked, noticing the absence of pizza boxes in their hands.

Irene giggled before exchanging a look with Manager Song. "The pizzas are over here," the voice rang out, Wendy's eyes widened, and her heartbeat started fast as Y/n stepped into the room with a huge smile.

Y/n handed the pizzas to Yeri and Joy before looking at Wendy, who was tearing up at the sight before her. "Hi," he said softly while waving at her.

Wendy chuckled in disbelief before wiping her tears as she quickly ran towards Y/n, wrapping him in a bone-crushing hug.