Chapter 67

Three weeks had passed since Sang-Il showed up at Kim's front door. Throughout the weeks, a lot of things happened – from the Red Velvet members getting the green light from their company to hold a live stream on their Instagram account while staying over at Y/n's family's place, the girls talking about Y/n and Wendy (while hiding the fact that Irene used to like him, of course), Y/n making a brief cameo on the girls' live stream, and how ReVeluv couldn't help from pointing out the similarity between Doyoung and Y/n.

The Red Velvet girls asked for their fans and the media to stay away from the village, telling them that it was a place that they would like to gatekeep from the rest of the world while also reminding them to respect the privacy between Y/n and Wendy as they knew that there would be some selfish people who would cross their boundaries.

At some point during the past three weeks, Sejeong and Manager Song started dating, much to the former's cousin, who saw it coming but wasn't expecting it to happen so soon. Sejeong's father also finally gained consciousness and wanted to talk to his daughter, but she refused to do that, and ever since Sang-Il woke up, Sejeong never stepped foot in the hospital again without any explanation.

"Do you think there would ever be a chance that Sejeong and her dad would reconcile?" asked Wendy as she walked with Y/n through the familiar gravel path leading to the potato field – that's right, after sending her parents back to Canada to live with her sister. Her parents told their daughter to send their regards to Y/n and his family; Wendy surprised everyone by showing up after only a week since leaving.

Y/n sighed softly, a small smile forming on his lips as he pulled his girlfriend closer to him, "I don't know, to be honest," he answered before looking at Wendy, his smile growing slightly, "but never say never, right?" he quickly added, and the girl returned the smile.

As they arrived at the intersection that led to either the potato field or heaven on earth, which was the serene river that had been the place for Y/n to heal emotionally for the past few weeks.

"You are right," Wendy responded before looking around them and then at her boyfriend with a curious smile, "why are we stopping here?"

"Hmm? Oh, it's nothing," Y/n replied before taking her hand again as they walked down the path to the river. While Wendy was initially confused and worried about the unfamiliar road, she soon forgot her worries and confusion as the river slowly revealed itself to the couple.

A huge smile formed on Wendy's face as she disconnected her hand from Y/n's, much to the latter's surprise and amusement, before she ran towards the river, looking around it, "wow – so this was the place where the girls took those pictures," she exclaimed, looking at her boyfriend.

The pictures she was referring to were the ones that the girls took during one of their visits to the river, and those pictures were sent to Wendy, which were meant to make her jealous and feel like she was missing out.

"I meant to take you here the day before you left with your parents," Y/n explained as he walked up to Wendy, wrapping his arms from behind before resting his head on her shoulder, humming softly.

Wendy, still amazed for finally being able to witness the sight with her eyes, smiled as she placed her hands on top of Y/n's, "well, here I am now," she giggled before leaning her head against her boyfriend's, sighing contentedly while looking at the river. "And I want you to know that I really like this place," she added.

Y/n broke the hug as she turned her around with a sheepish smile, "what about the sight before you now? Do you like it?" he asked while wiggling his eyebrows.

"I..." Wendy looked at Y/n in disbelief before chuckling, "Irene was right about you being cheesy after all – but sure, I like the sight right now," she answered, nodding before pinching his cheeks.

"Hey now," Y/n couldn't help from chuckling as well as his girlfriend's smile was contagious, "just say it if you like it when I'm being cheesy," he said smugly before taking her to a makeshift bench made from a tree trunk, sitting on it with Wendy.

Wendy shrugged, "well – that's kind of true," she said before picking up a flat stone, throwing it across the water, and it skipped a few times, "but I like the serious and considerate Y/n more," she added before turning her attention to Y/n again.

At this point, Y/n was staring at Wendy while smiling sheepishly, and when the girl saw him like that, she couldn't help laughing at her boyfriend's face. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

Y/n raised an eyebrow, "looking at you like what?" he asked, his sheepish smile growing wider if possible.

"You know what," Wendy chuckled and shook her head, "at this point, I should've known that you are very, very unpredictable," she exclaimed before trailing her fingers through her hair, which was now longer than how it was a few weeks ago.

Y/n hummed and crossed his hands before tilting his head, "you know you look beautiful even with long hair, right?" he asked, brushing some hair off her face.

Wendy looked at him, raising her eyebrows in confusion as to where he was leading with the topic, "okay... and?" she replied, smiling as she waited for her boyfriend to continue – turning her body to face him.

"But for me, you look even prettier with short hair," he exclaimed, "of course – that didn't mean you have to cut your hair because either way, you are still the same girl that I like – no, love."

"I love you, Son Seungwan."

The sudden confusion shocked Wendy, making her blush as she looked at Y/n with wide eyes; her heart skipped a beat. It took her a few seconds to gather her thoughts and respond to him.

"I love you too, Kim Y/n." 

[Something you can look forward to in the upcoming Red Velvet Member x Male reader...]

]