Chapter 11

The night in the Kim's house was louder than ever. In the living room, there's Joy, Yeri, Seulgi and Sejeong were singing their heart out while Wendy, Y/n and Irene were busy in the kitchen. Y/n's mother and his grandparents were in the living room as well as they were enjoying the sight of the four girls having fun together.

"Are you guys planning on staying for the night?" Asked Irene while helping Y/n cut the scallions that he had washed a while ago.

"It's not actually in our plan since Mr. Manager said he will pick us up after he finishes his meeting but... Sleeping over sounds like a good plan," Wendy replied with a smile on her face. Irene turned towards her and raised an eyebrow.

"Are you sure?"

Wendy furrowed her eyebrows while smiling in confusion, "yes, I am sure. Why?"

Irene stared at her for a few seconds before shrugging. "Alright then, just so you know the room I'm sleeping in wouldn't fit us all," she said before resuming her work. Y/n continues to tend to the food he was cooking while listening to them in silence, a faint smile was plastered on his face the whole time.

"It wouldn't fit all five of us, sure. But someone has to make the sacrifice and..." Wendy spoke again and looked at Irene and then at Y/n. "Wouldn't it be a good idea to let the four of us sleep in the room while you and Y/n..."

Irene's face start to get red at the thought of sleeping with Y/n. It's not like she didn't do it earlier this morning but the fact that Wendy suggested it made her imagination run wild.

Y/n stopped what he was doing as well and quietly listen to the conversation between Irene and Wendy. He thought that the idea Wendy was able to come up with was not actually a bad one, but it would still be inappropriate for a lady to be sleeping in a man's room if they are not married, or at least are committed to each other.

"Someone is liking the idea," Wendy exclaimed. She was looking at Y/n while wiggling her eyebrows. Irene looked at Y/n before gasping, her cheeks were turning red at the thought of Y/n actually liking it.

"That would be inappropriate, Wendy," Y/n said defensively before putting the spatula down.

Wendy shrugged, "hey, I was just trying to make it work," she retorted. Irene crossed her arms and stood there quietly while waiting for the topic to go away.

Not long after that, Y/n's mother entered the kitchen -- in her hands were a box of clementine. "How's cooking going?" she asked before putting the box on the kitchen counter. Irene looked at her before smiling softly.

"We are almost done here, ma'am. But I would really appreciate it if you can tell these two to stop talking about inappropriate things," Irene said to Mrs. Kim, trying to make Y/n and Wendy to stop from talking about the thing that would be unlikely to happen.

"What things are they talking about, Irene?" Mrs. Kim asked while peeling a clementine.

"Yeah, what kind of things, Joohyun?" Wendy asked mockingly. The choice was immediately regretted by her when Irene gave her a piercing glare. Y/n listened in silence, not wanting to get the same glare Wendy got even though he was literally siding with Irene in stopping Wendy from saying thing that is unlikely to happen.

Back in the living room, Sejeong, Yeri, Joy, and Seulgi continued to sing their heart out. Y/n's grandparents finally had enough and decided to run to the kitchen to avoid the girls.

"Oh, where did the clementine come from?" Y/n's grandfather asked while looking at Mrs. Kim. The latter, who was peeling the clementine looked at her father before answering.

"Yuri delivered it a while ago," she said. Y/n stopped what he was doing and turned to look at his mother.

"Wait, Yuri? As in Jo Yuri? The neighbor's kid?" asked Y/n while wiping his hands with his apron. His mother nodded before putting the peeled clementine on a plate. "I thought she went abroad to study?" Y/n added.