Chapter 50

Wendy and Y/n broke the hug, "what are you... what are you doing here?" the former asked, sniffling before wiping the tears off her cheeks, trying her best to form a smile, but her lips were shaky.

Y/n couldn't help smiling at how his girlfriend was trying to form a smile before he reached out to help Wendy wipe her tears away. "I'm here to pay my lovely girlfriend a visit, as you can see," he replied before hugging her again.

The choreographer clasped her hands and approached the couple with a huge smile, "now then," she cleared her throat before looking at Wendy, the smile not escaping her lips. "You can catch up after this. We have a practice to finish," she exclaimed before crossing her arms.

Wendy nodded before clearing her throat, "I will uh... I will see you later, okay?" she said softly to Y/n before earning a nod as response. Wendy smiled and kissed Y/n's cheeks before walking away from him.

"Alright girls, back to practice," the choreographer said to the other members, who were about to eat pizzas, earning groans of disapproval from them as they got up.

"But we were just about to...."

Feeling responsible as the group's leader, Irene patted the youngest's head with a smile before saying, "we can enjoy the pizza later, Yeri. Besides, this wouldn't take longer than fifteen minutes."

"Fine..." Yeri sighed before walking past Y/n, "don't eat them all before we are done," she promptly told him before gathering with Wendy and Seulgi.

Y/n shrugged, "No promises!" he replied before joining Manager Song, sitting at the far corner of the practice room while typing away on his phone. "Hey," he called out once he was close enough to Song.

Manager Song looked up from his phone before flashing a soft smile, "oh, hey Y/n," he put his phone down and fixed his position on the floor before patting the space beside him.

"So," Y/n sat beside him and crossed his legs as she watched the girls stretch, his focus, particularly on Wendy. "Is this what you do on a daily basis – watching the girls practice?" he asked as he looked at Manager Song.

"Well," Manager Song shrugged before chuckling softly, "More or less," he nodded before grabbing a slice of pizza, "we usually take turn, like, my turn is today, and tomorrow, it would be Manager Yoo's turn," he explained before eating the pizza.

Y/n tilted his head, "Manager Yoo?" he asked before grabbing a slice of pizza as well. "I don't think I ever met them."

Manager Song nodded, swallowing the pizza in his mouth before answering, "of course, that's because she is usually tasked with meeting with representatives and overseeing the girls' schedules," he explained.

While the two were talking, the girls continued to practice. Wendy, whose movements previously felt heavy and lazy, suddenly felt energetic and light – it surprised not only her members but also the choreographer, who quickly realized that the reason behind the sudden burst of energy was Y/n, Wendy's boyfriend that had come from the countryside to visit her.

After half an hour, the practice was finally over, and the girls were gathered in a circle with Manager Song and Y/n.

"When did you get here, Y/n?" asked Seulgi, grabbing a slice of the pizza before eating it, watching Y/n as she waited for him to answer.

Y/n hummed before patting Wendy's head, resting against his shoulder, before looking at Seulgi, "Oh, I got here an hour ago, but Manager Song texted me and asked me to get pizzas before coming here," he answered.

The girls nodded before Yeri grabbed a slice and fed it to Joy, who was busy on her phone. "did you take the bus or...."

"Oh," Y/n cleared his throat and fished Wendy's car key out of his pocket before showing it to the other girls, "I took Wendy's car since I figured, it would be bad if I don't take it for drives for too long," he explained before putting the key back in his pocket.

Wendy smiled, "you didn't crash the car, did you?" she asked with her eyes closed, still leaning against Y/n.

"No, I didn't, unfortunately," Y/n said with a chuckle before shaking his head.

Joy looked at Wendy with a look of disbelief before clicking her tongue, "what kind of question is that, Wendy?"

Y/n looked at her and then at Wendy, who raised her head and looked at Joy before scoffing, "hey, it's a running joke between us. Just stay out of it, you," she replied while dismissing Joy with her hand.

They laughed as Joy and Wendy exchanged banters before Yeri cleared her throat, "so, Y/n... are you going back to the village today, or...."

"Uh, no... I'll be here for a week," Y/n answered.

The girls exchanged looks, "a week...?" Seulgi mumbled before looking at Y/n, raising her eyebrows, "so, where are you staying if you are here for a week?"

Manager Song cleared his throat before joining in the conversation, "he will be staying with me," he said with a smile before looking at Wendy, who was staring at Y/n with a smile and teary eyes. "Wendy, you are not... going to cry again, are you?"

Wendy raised her eyebrows before wiping her cheeks, looking at Manager Song, "oh, I'm not," she said with a chuckle before shaking her head. "I'm not going to cry," she said, but her eyes betrayed her words as she teared up.

Y/n looked at Wendy, "what's wrong?" he asked, cupping her cheek, "was something bothering you?"

"No, that's not it...." Wendy sobbed before holding his hand, leaning deeper into his touch as she sniffled, "I just miss you so much," she said softly.

The others watched the couple with smiles on their faces – they knew how much Wendy missed Y/n, so none of them bothered to interrupt the two's moments, no matter how much Joy, Yeri, and Seulgi were fighting the urge to laugh at Wendy's face at the moment.

After hanging out with the members in the practice room for an hour, Wendy and Y/n took the time to walk around the company building – a few staff were surprised to see Y/n, as they kept addressing him as Doyoung when they greeted him.

"Who is Doyoung?" asked Y/n at some point.

Wendy looked at him while smiling, "he is an artist from our company," she explained, "why? Are you curious why they keep calling you Doyoung?" she asked.

Y/n shrugged, "I mean... sure, if it's not a problem," he said before Wendy took his hand and pulled him with her through the hallway and into a practice room with a piece of paper pasted on the door that reads NCT 127.

"Wait here," Wendy said to Y/n before slowly opening the door and peeking inside, "is Doyoung here?" he asked the people in the room, and after a few seconds, Wendy nodded and opened the door before pulling Y/n with her inside the room.

Sitting on a bean bag, Mark looked at Y/n briefly before taking a second glance, "wait..." he looked at Doyoung and then at Y/n before getting up from the bean bag, "am I tripping or...."

Johnny, who had just stepped out of the bathroom, looked at Y/n, "oh, hey, Doyoung," he greeted while wiping his hands with a tissue as he walked towards Mark.

"Dude, I'm right here," Doyoung said, lying on the floor, and Johnny stopped walking before looking at Doyoung in confusion.

"If you are there, then who..."

Wendy chuckled, feeling amused by the reactions from the NCT members when they saw Y/n. Doyoung got up from the floor and stretched before walking towards Y/n with a smile. "Ah..." he chuckled before crossing his arms, "no wonder Mark and Johnny reacted like that," he exclaimed.

"You really look like me."