Chapter 52

*Six Days Later*

Y/n sighed, sitting in the dining room of Manager Song's apartment as he stared out the window, "I don't know if I made the right decision..." he exclaimed before looking down at the table, fiddling with his fingers.

Manager Song entered the room with a med kit – his face bore a hint of empathy and frustration, "well, either way, you just broke the heart of the one girl that truly loves you," he replied before gently dabbing a cotton ball soaked in warm water on the bruise on Y/n's cheek.

The contact between the fabric and the bruising caused Y/n to wince as he looked at Manager Song, "you don't have to show your anger at me, Manager Song – I know I messed up," he sighed before gently swatting the latter's hand away from his face, getting up and walking towards the window.

"I'm not angry, Y/n...." Manager Song said softly before tidying up the table, "I'm just..." he sighed before shaking his head, "you didn't discuss with me – or any of us before you decided to break up with Wendy," he continued as he got up with the med kit in hand, walking towards the kitchen.

"I know..." Y/n sighed, looking down at the busy street while clenching his fists.

It was quiet after that – neither of them bothered to talk, but Y/n heard the doorbell ringing after a while, and Manager Song went to get it. Sejeong's voice rang from the living room a minute later, "Kim Y/n!"

Hearing his name being called, Y/n looked over his shoulder and saw his cousin, Suho and Irene, marching toward him angrily. "I thought you went here to strengthen your relationship with Wendy," she exclaimed, "so, why did I get a call from Irene saying you dumped her?!"

Y/n turned to face them guiltily, "I'm sorry...."

Sejeong shook her head before pushing Y/n's shoulder, "I'm not the one you should be apologizing at," she scolded, looking at Irene, who was standing behind her with a sad expression.

"We want to know why, Y/n...." Irene said softly before stepping forward.

Y/n looked at her, "like I said to Wendy – I lost my feelings. That's all."

Irene raised her eyebrows, "just like that?" she asked, not convinced by the reason that Y/n gave them. "You abruptly lost your feelings for Wendy despite being just fine the day before you broke up with her? Where is the logic in that?"

"At least come up with a better reason if you want to lie to us, Y/n...." Manager Song said as he emerged from the living room, "or don't lie at all," he added before sitting on the dining table, "now, you can tell us the truth, and we will figure this out together, or you can continue to act as if the break up isn't affecting you too."

Y/n sighed and stared at them for a few minutes before finally nodding, "fine," he said before walking towards the dining table, sitting across Manager Song before resting his hands on the table, fiddling his fingers, "It's uh...."

*Three Days Ago*

Y/n was hanging around in Manager Song's apartment while he was away at work, watching the TV, when the doorbell rang, and he went to get it.

Expecting Manager Song to be the one knocking, Y/n opened it, "that was quick... I thought you would be there until..." he stopped talking when he saw the person in front of him, looking at Y/n with a smirk.

"I knew it. It was you," he said before entering the house, "you just can't keep yourself away from the girls, can you?" he added while walking around the house with his hands in his pockets, "listen, you may be able to talk back and all at the village," he exclaimed as he stopped in front of a glass display of Manager Song's trophies and achievements.

Manager Kim sighed softly before turning to look at Y/n, who was still in the same spot, "but here, you can't do that," he shook his head before walking towards Y/n.

Y/n scoffed before shaking his head, "oh yeah?" he asked before crossing his arms, "and why is that?"

"Because..." Manager Kim stood before him as he placed a hand on Y/n's shoulder, "I have the upper hand this time," he said confidently before Y/n shrugged his hand off, glaring at Manager Kim.

"I don't think..."

Manager Kim clicked his fingers, interrupting Y/n before chuckling, "see? That's the thing with you – you don't think, Y/n," he shook his head before leaning against the kitchen aisle with his arms crossed.

"And because of that, you put the girls in a position that would jeopardize their career – especially Wendy," Manager Kim shrugged before looking at Y/n, smirking.

Y/n clenched his jaw before walking towards him, "what are you going to do –"

Manager Kim stopped him by pointing at Y/n before humming, "it's not what I am going to do, Y/n. In fact," he sighed before straightening his back, walking towards Y/n, and placing a hand on his shoulder again, "it was you – what are you going to do if I tell you that whatever your decision would be after what I'm about to ask you to do will play a crucial role in the future of Wendy's career?"

Y/n thought about it for a while before meeting the manager's eyes, "what is it that you want me to do?"

A victorious smirk formed on Manager Kim's lips, "I want you to break up with her," he said, and Y/n's eyes widened.

"What?! No! I'm not going to do that – I love her!"

Manager Kim shrugged before tapping his shoulder, "hey, I'm not forcing you to do it," he chuckled before walking past him, "I'm just saying, if you truly love her, then, you should do as I told you."

Y/n stayed at the same spot, staring at the floor while contemplating. After five minutes, Manager Kim exhaled loudly before walking towards the door, "the decision is up to you, Y/n," he said as he grabbed the door handle, "either her career being jeopardized because of you, or you break up with her – the choice is yours."

*Present*

Y/n sighed as he finished narrating the confrontation between him and Manager Kim three days ago. "He left me no choice – it was either her career ruined, or I break up with her," he said before looking at the four, hoping to see their understanding.

"Why didn't you talked to any of us before making a decision?" Manager Song asked.

Y/n looked at him before sighing, "The choice was clear to me then, Manager Song – I love Wendy so much," he shook his head, "but I don't want her career ruined because of a stupid choice I made."

Irene shook her head, "well, you saved her career, but what about Wendy?"

"What's with her?"

Suho sighed before joining the conversation, "Y/n, have you thought about how emotionally wrecked she was after you broke up?" he asked. "Because of your decision, Minhyuk beat you up too."

"I..."

"See? That's the thing with you, Y/n – you didn't thought this through before deciding," Sejeong sighed heavily, "that's one of the negative things about you," she added.

After seeing how the realization finally hit Y/n, Manager Song sighed and cleared his throat, "guys, instead of lingering on the negative side of the situation, we should be coming up with ways to fix things between them."

Y/n looked at Manager Song, a hint of relief and apprehension, "what are you going to do? I told you that Manager Kim said he could ruin their careers if I ever...."

"He is not the only one that can play dirty, Y/n."

Suho agreed with Manager Song, "if the game is already rigged, we should level the playing field."