Chapter 53

The next day, Y/n found himself sitting at a secluded table in a café, face-to-face with Wendy, leaning against her seat with her hands on the table. Her eyes were bloodshot and puffy from all the crying for the past three days since they broke up.

"What do you want, Y/n? Isn't it enough that you dumped me..."

Y/n sighed and shook his head, "Wendy, I'm sorry... I..." he looked down before looking back at Wendy, "I'm sorry..." he said again as he took one of her hands, holding it close as they sat in silence after that.

Wendy stared at their hands for a few seconds before sighing, "and?" she asked, looking up at Y/n.

"And...?" Y/n looked at Wendy while raising his eyebrows.

Irene, Suho, and Sejeong, who were watching from two tables away from them, simultaneously facepalmed before Sejeong sighed, "Y/n you idiot..." she mumbled before looking at her cousin, who was trying to come up with things to say.

"I don't know what to say, Wendy... I..." Y/n shook his head, "I'm sorry. I really am."

Wendy scoffed before shaking her head, "you asked me to meet up, and I went out of my way to come all the way here, and you don't even know what to say?" she asked before pulling her hand away from his. "I guess it's a waste of time to come here after all," she said before getting up.

"Take care, Y/n," said Wendy coldly before grabbing her coat from the chair. She put it on and walked away from the table – she paused for a moment as she walked past the table where Irene, Suho, and Sejeong were sitting before looking at them for a few seconds, "maybe you guys should've helped Y/n come up with things to say instead of spying on us," she told them before landing her eyes on Irene.

"See you at the dorm," she said to Irene before finally leaving the café.

Y/n stayed in his spot – he didn't bother trying to stop Wendy from walking away, as he knew it would be pointless. He broke her heart by saying mean things when he asked to break up with her a few days ago. Instead, he sat there staring at the table – his tears threatening to fall, but before they could stain his cheeks, Y/n closed his eyes and used his sleeve to wipe them.

The three who were watching got up from their seats and joined Y/n. As soon as they were seated, Suho sighed before crossing his arms, "I told you to prepare what you wanted to tell her before coming here, didn't I?"

"But you insisted that you will find the right words to say," Sejeong added – she didn't feel like rubbing salt into the wound as she saw the look on Y/n's face.

Y/n sighed softly and smiled at them, "I know – I should've listened to you guys," he said, nodding in agreement.

-Six months later-

Six months passed since they broke up, and Y/n decided to extend his stay at Manager Song's place – he wanted to support Wendy all the way, but he didn't want her to know that he was still there, watching and cheering for her in secret.

But today, he decided to return to the village, realizing that he would only be a nuisance to Manager Song if he stayed there a little longer than he already had. The TV was on as he was packing his stuff, and it was Red Velvet, appearing in a variety show called 'Men on a Mission.'

He listened to the MCs talking to the members and would smile when he heard Wendy laugh at what the MCs said. He stopped what he was doing when he heard one question thrown at Wendy.

"Wendy-ssi, do you have a boyfriend currently?"

Y/n looked at the TV as he waited for her to answer, but one of the MCs butted in, "I bet a lot of people wanted to date her. I know a few guys that have a crush on her," he said – the MC was known as Heechul, who was talking.

Wendy laughed at the question before shaking her head. She put the cue card on the table and hummed, "I didn't want to disclose this, but actually... I recently went through a breakup..." she admitted, much to the MCs' surprise.

Heechul chuckled nervously, shifting in his seat, "Is it okay for you to mention it, Wendy?"

"It's alright. I don't care about it anymore as it was something that happened in the past, so... yeah," Wendy said before taking a deep breath.

Y/n felt sad as Wendy addressed their relationship as something from the past. It was true that they were no longer dating, but he couldn't help but hope that she would say something nice about them. Y/n smiled, however, when she noticed that she still kept her dark brown wolf cut, the hairstyle he said he liked.

It wasn't long after that when Y/n's attention was shifted to the front door when the doorbell rang. He sighed and got up from the floor before heading to the door, opening it. Standing in front of him was Manager Kim, smirking.

"Manager Kim," Y/n sighed, stepping aside to give way for him to enter the house.

Manager Kim chuckled before entering the house with his hands in his pockets, "so, how are you feeling, Y/n?" he asked, looking at the show he was watching and then at the luggage.

Y/n rolled his eyes discreetly before closing the door, walking ahead of Manager Kim to continue packing, "I know you are not here to catch up with me, Manager Kim," he said.

"You are right," Manager Kim nodded before crossing his arms, "I am here to see how you are doing after I successfully convince you to break up with Wendy," he laughed before sitting on the couch while crossing his legs, "but you understand that it was for her sake, right?"

There was silence for a few minutes as Y/n clenched his jaw, trying to refrain from biting back. "I must say, Y/n, you have a knack for angering me," Manager Kim continued, "but I respect your rationality – when I told you your relationship with Wendy could jeopardize her career, you were quick to make your decision."

Y/n sighed softly before clenching his fists, "Manager Kim, if you are here just to rub your victory on my face, please leave..." he said softly before looking at Manager Kim, "I need to pack my things or I will get stuck in traffic."

Manager Kim shrugged and got up, fixing his coat, "well, I'm about to leave anyway," he said before walking towards the front door. "I will see you around, Y/n," he added before closing the door behind him.

After a few minutes, Y/n's breath started to become ragged as he grabbed his wallet and threw it against the wall, screaming as he grabbed his hair and planted his face on the floor, screaming even harder as his tears started to fall. He felt worse when the thought of Wendy crying flashed in his mind as he cried harder.

[Psst... we are almost at the final chapter now ^^]