Chapter 27

Y/n took a deep breath before looking at Wendy and then back at the person before them, "I didn't tell her to come here."

Wendy nodded, quickly going to his side and taking his hand, "he is right. It was my own decision to come back here," she explained. "Please don't make the situation worse, Manager Kim."

Manager Kim sighed and looked at Wendy, his expression softening for a moment, "you know you can't do that, right? You must let me know before deciding to go somewhere."

"Don't you think you are taking your managerial role too far?" Y/n chimed in.

Mr Kim rolled his eyes and looked at Y/n with a scowl, "and don't you think you meddled too much with their lives already?"

Y/n scoffed, "how exactly am I meddling with their lives when it was their decision to come here in the first place?"

"Okay – that's it. I have enough of you," Mr Kim groaned before marching toward Y/n, grabbing him by the collar and pushing him against the stairs. "I tried going easy on you, Y/n."

Wendy looked at them in disbelief. She tried to intervene, but Y/n signalled her to stop as he looked at Mr Kim, "going easy on me? I remember vividly that day you told me to stay away from Irene. Sure, that was for the better, but will you tell me to keep my distance with Wendy too?"

Mr Kim glared at him as they continued to exchange glares, "don't push your luck, Y/n."

Y/n sighed and wriggled out of the former's grip before gently pushing Mr Kim to the side. "You really think you have the power to control the whole aspect of their lives? Aren't you supposed to give them freedom to decide what they want to do?"

"Oh – cut the crap with freedom and whatnot, Y/n. Who do you think you are to talk about that aspect? Wendy, Irene, all the idols out there chose their career, and it is us, the manager's responsibility to make sure they keep their image and reputation clean."

Y/n scoffed, crossing his arms. "Then why didn't you defend Irene a while ago? Why is it that only you remained tight-lipped about the incident?"

"Oh, that's it!" Mr Kim growled before throwing a punch at Y/n's face. The latter was caught off-guard, and he fell to the floor.

Wendy looked at him in surprise before rushing to his side, "Y/n! Are you okay?" she asked as he wiped the blood dripping down his nose using her sleeve, "Manager Kim, you are going too far!" she scolded as she shot Mr Kim a glare.

"I..."

"Leave!" Wendy screamed at Mr Kim. The latter clicked his tongue and sighed before leaving the house. She looked at Y/n, who was watching the older man walking out of the front door while wiping the blood with his sleeve. "I'm sorry, Y/n," she sniffled, looking at him with teary eyes.

Y/n shook his head and smiled softly, "it's fine," he replied softly before touching his nose bridge, wincing at the stinging sensation as he touched it.

Wendy sighed and helped him up, "let's take care of this bleeding," she said while leading Y/n to the dining room.

Meanwhile, at the town square, Sejeong was helping around when he saw the familiar black van driving past, "Mr. Kim?" she mumbled as she watched the van go away before returning to help the other teenagers, not thinking much about it.

"Sejeong, the girls are asking you to help with the main stage," one of the teenage boys, Yedam, said as he approached the older girl. Sejeong looked at him and nodded before handing him a saw, "what am I supposed to do with this?" asked Yedam, confused.

"Give Mr. Lee a hand! He will be back soon," Sejeong answered as she ran toward the main stage two hundred meters from the entrance of the town square. Once there, she climbed up the stage and looked at Yuri, "Yuri!"

Yuri looked at her, smiling. "Oh, Sejeong – we need you to help Minhee," she said, pointing at a banner beside Yunjin. "We want to put it up, but we are not brave enough to climb the scaffolding."

Sejeong nodded and smiled, "sure – I can do that," she said before walking toward the scaffolding and climbing it, "give me the banner," she said once on top of it with Minhee sitting across her with a smile.

"Are you sure you are a girl, Sejeong?" Minhee joked.

Sejeong looked at him and laughed, "I'm pretty sure I am," she replied.

After a few hours, the main stage finally started to look better.

"Man, that sure was tiring," Chaewon sighed as she stretched her arms. Yunjin smiled and went to massage her, "oh, thank you," the former sighed again as she leaned into Yunjin's touch.

They were currently resting after helping around for hours, and while they were talking, Yuri looked at the entrance to the square where Y/n and Wendy were entering while looking around.

"Hey, isn't that Y/n?" Minhee asked, pointing at them.

Yedam looked in the direction he pointed and nodded, "that's right. It is Y/n and... wait," he squinted his eyes, making sure he was seeing it right, "is that his girlfriend?"

Almost everyone stopped what they were doing as they turned their attention to the couple, who was approaching the teenagers.

"Look who finally decided to show up," Sejeong exclaimed while smiling at the couple. "What brought you guys here?"

Wendy smiled at her, "I thought about it, and we felt bad for not helping you guys."

"Speak for yourself," Y/n retorted, ruffling her hair.

Yuri looked at him and chuckled, "well, at least your girlfriend has empathy for us," she said before looking at Wendy. The other teenagers were looking at her as well.

"What's your name?" Chaewon asked while smiling at Wendy.

"My name is Son Seung-Wan. It's nice to meet you all," Wendy bowed to them.

Sejeong, looking at Y/n since they arrived, cleared her throat and pointed out the bandage on his nose, "what happened to your nose?"