Chapter 47

Song stared at Sejeong in surprise for a few seconds before looking at Y/n, Irene, and Wendy. The three gave him an approving nod before Y/n cleared his throat, "in that case, why don't you get the others, Sejeong?" he asked his cousin.

Sejeong, still blushing from her sudden outburst just a few seconds ago, quickly got up from her seat and left the dining room to get Y/n's mom and their grandparents.

"Well, I didn't expect that," Y/n exclaimed before looking at Wendy, "can you help me set up the table?" he asked.

"Oh, sure," Wendy nodded before getting up from her seat and walking with Y/n to the kitchen, leaning against the counter while watching her boyfriend adjust the stove's heat. She watched for a few seconds before talking, "Did you see how Sejeong acted around Manager Song?"

The question made Y/n stop what he was doing before a small smile formed on his face, "yeah," he nodded before looking at Wendy. "I never expected to see that kind of reaction from Sejeong..." he added before walking toward her, kissing her cheek.

Wendy blushed at the kiss before a sheepish smile formed on her lips, "I guess she liked him," she replied.

Y/n chuckled at the possibility of his cousin having feelings for the young and handsome manager, but then he remembered the way Sejeong acted around Wonwoo as well, and it was similar to how she was around Manager Song. A soft sigh escaped his mouth before shaking the thought out of his head.

"Y/n, are the dining table ready?" Sejeong's voice rang from the hallway.

The question snapped him out of his thought as Y/n turned the stove off, "yeah, almost!" he replied before looking at Wendy with a small smile, "can you set the table, baby?"

The way Y/n called her baby made Wendy blush – he had called her that way a few times before, but it never failed to turn her into a blushing mess. "Oh, yeah... sure," she replied shyly before walking towards the sideboard, taking out just the right number of plates for the people in the house before taking them to the dining room.

"I will help," Irene said as she saw how Wendy struggled to carry the heavy plates.

Wendy smiled at her leader before handing some of the plates to her leader, "thank you," she said before placing the dishes on the table. "Right, we need the cutlery too," she mumbled before running into the kitchen, grabbing a few spoons out of the sideboard.

Y/n, who saw how Wendy ran between the kitchen and dining room, chuckled softly. "Wendy noona, don't run. You will trip," he scolded playfully, and his girlfriend quickly stopped on her track.

"Wait," Wendy tilted her head while slowly turning around to look at Y/n, "did you just call me... noona?" she asked, her eyes glaring at her boyfriend.

Y/n, realizing what he just did, quickly took the smile off his face, "uh-oh..." he mumbled before shaking his head, "no, I didn't..." he cleared his throat before crossing his arms, avoiding the look on Wendy's face.

Wendy walked towards him, "you did..." she mumbled as she continued to eye the taller boy, "you called me noona," she said. Y/n ignored her and looked away, "you did, didn't you..." she continued while pointing at his face with the spoon in her hand.

"Listen to me, Kim Y/n," Wendy said in a hushed tone, "just because I'm two years older than you doesn't mean I will let you call me noona," she continued before eyeing him head to toe. There were a few minutes of silence before she talked again, "But I will let you off this time. Do you know why?"

Y/n shook his head, "I don't," he replied.

He knew that Wendy wasn't mad, and it was all good fun, but he couldn't help but find her gaze slightly intimidating. "It's because you are my boyfriend," she said, a smile forming on her lips as she kissed his cheek and walked to the dining room.

*Time Skip*

After the dinner, Y/n, Sejeong, Wendy, Irene, and Manager Song hung out in the living room over a bottle of soju and jeon that Sejeong made.

"How was the pancake, Manager Song?" asked Y/n, who was leaning against the shoji door frame.

Sejeong quietly ate some of the pancakes while looking down, nervous about what Song would think of the jeon that she made.

Song looked at Y/n, a massive smile on his face as he finished eating the jeon in his mouth, "it is good. I really like it," he exclaimed before looking at Sejeong, knowing that she wanted to hear what he thought but was too shy to ask.

A small smile formed on Sejeong's as she looked down at the floor shyly. Irene, who happened to be sitting beside her, nudged her side before wiggling her eyebrows.

Wendy, lying on the floor with her head resting on Y/n's lap, smiled at the sight. "Someone is happy that Manager Song liked the pancake they made," she teased. Sejeong hung her head lower, hiding her face as much as possible from the others.

They laughed at the teasing for a few minutes before the atmosphere turned serious as Y/n opened his mouth. "Guys," he cleared his throat, gaining the others' attention.

"What is it, Y/n?" asked Irene.

Y/n looked at her for a few seconds before sighing, "There is something that I wanted to tell you guys," he paused for a moment before continuing, "but I'm scared that this would be a bad idea...."

Manager Song shook his head, "Go ahead, Y/n. What is it?"

There was a brief silence before Y/n opened his mouth again, "It's Manager Kim...."

Wendy, Irene, and Manager Song's attention was on Y/n at the mention of the senior manager of the group. "What's with him?"

Y/n took a deep breath before talking, "Well, a while ago, Chungha told me something," he cleared his throat. "She told me that Manager Kim wanted to leak my relationship with Wendy to the media, and she asked Chungha to act as one of his 'sources' for the rumor."

Manager Song nodded before crossing his arms, "did Chungha agree to it?"

"Initially, yes," Y/n nodded while patting Wendy's head, who was looking up at him worriedly. "But she told me that she changed her mind last minute..." he sighed before shaking his head. "I don't know where I'm going with this story... sorry, guys."

Irene shook her head, "No, you don't have to apologize. It is a good thing that you told us about this," she said before looking at Manager Song and Wendy, who nodded in agreement.

Silence followed the brief conversation before Manager Song's phone rang. "Excuse me," he got up from the floor and excused himself from the living room to pick up the call.

Irene's phone rang as well, and the remaining people in the living room exchanged looks.