Ch 1 - Death

It was a dark night and the city was as busy as ever even in the pouring rain. The city sounds serenading the ears of the public and the lights dazzling the tourists. Many people paying no mind to others and getting on with their regular lives. Shopping, drinking, partying and enjoying life. Except one.

???: Shit shit shit. I need to get back quick. I can't believe I left.

A young teen could be seen running down the pavement. Soaking from the pouring rain and murmurs heard from the phone he kept to his ear. His face full of a desperate need to get somewhere fast, bumping into other pedestrians. Kicking trash while running towards a destination he seemed to know well. Puddles being kicked up and splashing others as he ran.

???: Hey what's the big deal!!

An obvious drunken pedestrian shouted at the teen running passed, paying no attention to anyone surrounding him. Just desperately running. Trying to get back to something.

However, in a small moment of distraction he turned his head slightly, tripping on a crack in the pavement, falling into the road cutting his hands as he fell. A sting of pain passing through his body. Distracting him from the phone he had lost. Murmurs still heard from the phone. Only a small "Help" audible from it.

The traffic driving on the road though didn't stop. A truck driving towards him swerved out of the way into the next lane to avoid the teenager.

???: Holy shit I nea...

A car going too fast slammed into the teenage before he could even finish his sentence. His body flying into the air. He wasn't dead yet but the world was moving so slowly.

His eyes glazed over as the lights of the city blurred together forming unexplainable shapes and patterns. In that moment he couldn't remember what he was running towards, or why he was running. But he held a great sense of regret that he couldn't make it. The last things his eyes focused on was the remnants of a crushed phone before he splatted onto the pavement. Rolling along as the skin tore off his body and his bones broke.

Scene change

The teenager now floated in a black space. A space without any light. A space without stars or planets. A void. No sound or feeling. The teenager opened his eyes but it was no different from having them closed. As if he was floating in space there was no up nor down. He couldn't tell if he was still or moving.

That was until a glowing blue transparent window appeared in front of him saying:

[Congratulations poor soul for winning our lucky draw.]

???: Wait where am I? How did I get here? I was just... I... I don't remember what I was just doing?

The teenager was distracted from the blue screen with his own thoughts. But with all his questions not one were answered.

[You have won the chance to become a god of fiction.]

This immediately drew the attention of the teenagers. His mood of confusion turned to one of slight interest.

???: Do you mean like some Isekai? Did I die? Again where are we? I like anime and stuff but systems usually answer at least a few questions.

The blue screen proceeded to say:

[Now poor soul please select one extra skill for your journey. Said skills have to be from the list bellow.]

The teenager reluctantly turned his attention to the list and his face turned turned from interest to shock.

???: Wait. This can't be true. I thought you said god of fiction. Where's all the god like skills such as reality manipulation or Ultra Instinct or Immortality. Where are the OP starting skills.

He said pointing at the list of skills which were few.

Fire manipulation, poison resistance, low curse, night vision, gamers mind, gamers body and dead animation.

???: How can I become a god with any of these.

The system response was like it response to the rest of his questions. No response at all.

???: Ah fine. I pick the only decent one on here. Gamers mind.

[Extra skill selected. Now playing the wheel of bodies.]

???: Wait if I chose and extra skill what is my main skill.

Curiosity hidden within his voice now accepting the current situation he was in.

[Your main skill to help you in your endeavour across fiction is an ability that allows you to copy powers, skills, knowledge, items, moves and bodies after defeating someone. Defeat comes through knock out, submission, acceptance or death of those you fight.]

???: Bodies?

[Bodies. It is as it sounds. You will be able to copy bodies no matter the size or race. Ability of bodies come with the copy. The body you previously had disappears after copying a new body. Skills and abilities are adjusted for the new body. Now let's get onto the wheel of bodies.]

The teenager who was surprised the system started answering questions was even more surprised by the massive wheel that appeared in front of him. Names such as Baki Hanma, Yjiro Hanma, Sung Jin Woo, Izuku Midoriya and many others appeared on the wheel.

[Now please spin for your body. Only bodies base stats will be allowed. All powers, abilities, detriments and negative stats will be removed.]

The teenager span the wheel hard. Spinning fast and then gradually slowing down.

Satoru Gojo

Endoris Jahad

Asuna Yuuki
.
Kal-El
.
.
Pickle
.
.
.
Nijisuke Murokawa

[Congratulations your body will be Nijisuke Murokawa. Analysing... Negative luck removed, due death.]

???: Yes a decent body. Though I would have preferred Pickle.

[Now sending you to testing world. Try to survive.]

???: That's not ominous what so ever.

Suddenly the darkness changed and he felt something soft on his back. The darkness instead felt as if he could remove it as he slowly opened his eyes. He was lying on a bed. His room small. Only a bed, closet and a note attached to the ceiling. His head felt clear of all confusion and he felt somewhat refreshed. He stood up and grabbed the note stuck to the ceiling.

The note read: Due to being a test world the system has helped you a bit. The world is of the canon My Hero Academia universe. You live alone in a house left to you in a relatives will. You have applied to UA and you aim is to survive till the end of the manga or create your own ending. The name you are applied under is Soto Kenji. A blue screen will direct you to the UA school.

Kenji: Cool. I've always liked MHA. It's also kinda in my fighting class. It would have been bad if it was something like the Berserk verse or the Dragon Ball verse.

Kenji opened the closet and only and few clothes could be seen and a school uniform that he didn't recognise. A shirt with a bird symbol on the left chest and some black school trousers. Kenji dressed up and walked out his door. The sunlight shining bright in front of him causing a scene to be seen foretelling of greatness. That is if he didn't start fanboying as soon as he got out the door because he realised he lived on the beach front a certain MC cleaned.