[43]

In the corridor, Rex stood there with his blaster raised in the air

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

In the corridor, Rex stood there with his blaster raised in the air. He held a hand to his head, recovering from the impact after Wrecker threw Echo across the corridor, directly knocking him out.

He only had seconds to spare as he found Mari getting choked by Wrecker, firing out a stunt blast on instinct.

"Mari? Mari?" Rex called out, stumbling a bit as he made his way over to her. He dropped to his knees, placing two fingers against her neck to see if she had a pulse only to find her heart had stopped beating.

"No. No, no, no, no! Mari, Mari! Hey, stay with me!" Rex yelled, beginning to panic as he instantly started to perform CPR on her.

He placed his hands on her chest-plate, hoping to get her heart to start beating again as Mari's life was now on the line. He'd lost too many brothers to Order 66 more than he could count and Rex was not about to let Mari die on his watch.

Rex stopped every few seconds to check if she was breathing, which she was not as she laid there motionless.

"Damnit!" Rex cursed, slamming a fist to the floor in anger as he had to try a different maneuver. He couldn't perform CPR on her very well with her armor blocking most of her chest, no matter how hard his hands pushed.

"Come on, Mari, stay with me. Fight back, soldier!"

He instantly pulled her body into his lap, putting a hand under her neck to tilted her chin up while his other hand pinched her nostrils closed. Rex didn't hesitate when he started to do mouth-to-mouth resuscitation on Mari.

She was dying with every second that passed as Rex placed his lips against hers in a tight seal, hoping to help her start breathing again for everyone's sake.

If this doesn't work...then what will?

Finally after his second attempt, Mari let out a gasp. Her lungs taking in a breath of oxygen as Rex let out a sigh of relief. He checked her pulse again to feel her heart beating with her head resting against his forearm.

"Thank, Maker." Rex whispered, glad that she was alive as he heard footsteps running over to him.

He looked up to see Hunter first arriving on the scene along with Echo, Tech and Omega as they held worried looks on their faces. They noticed Wrecker lying on the floor, knocked out, with Mari resting against Rex's arms.

"Is Mari...?" Hunter asked, fearing for the worse as he looked at the captain for confirmation. Rex held a steady look on his face, raising his hand to reassure Hunter as he glanced at him.

"She's alive, Hunter. I managed to save her before Wrecker nearly killed her, she's barely breathing as it is." Rex spoke.

Hunter let out a breath he didn't realize he was holding in as his shoulders relaxed, now hearing that Mari was still alive but didn't fail to notice the dark bruises beginning to form around her neck.