[16]

Ever since the Bad Batch left from Kamino, Crosshair has been closing himself off more lately, feeling his betrayal burning more deeper into his skin

Ever since the Bad Batch left from Kamino, Crosshair has been closing himself off more lately, feeling his betrayal burning more deeper into his skin. It just didn't feel right without the team.

Even if Crosshair refuses to admit it, he did depended on his brothers more anything, especially his beloved Mari.

For some time now, it was obvious Crosshair did have feelings for Mari but for the way she's been acting around him lately, he couldn't understand why she wouldn't accept his feelings. Was it because of his personality? No, she liked him for who he was, that didn't concern her at all.

But what was it that she was trying to protect him from? His feelings? If so, why? Crosshair thought about it to himself as he laid on the examination table. Hearing the machine humming around him as he felt the platform moving from underneath him.

He sat upright as he furrow his eyebrows on the matter, noticing a droid approaching him known as Azi.

"Greetings, CT-9904. You will be pleased to know your vitals are at optimum levels." The droid spoke cheerfully as Crosshair didn't care about the matter. Knowing this was just another evaluation.

"Go away."

"I am compelled to comply with your request." Azi spoke, Crosshair eyeing at him for a moment before he flew off.

Crosshair was not gonna let this go. He's determined to find out where his team is and what Mari has to say for herself in front of him. He place his legs at the edge of the table, his feet dangling in the air as another droid approached him to begin scanning.

As it was doing so, Crosshair glance at the dark tinted window in front of him, sensing that someone was staring at him.

He can only assume it was Tarkin and Nala Se observing him as he met them down at the corridor previously beforehand as he stepped inside the room to get examen.

Once the droid was done scanning him, Crosshair stood up from the table, eyeing warily back at the window. Using his enhanced eyesight, he was able to determine the others movements before leaving the room.

Now standing in hallway with his arms crossed, he saw Tarkin, Nala Se and another imperial officer stepping out from the room. Rampart stopped for a moment as he stared at Crosshair in front of him, holding a stoic look on his face.

"Hm, interesting." Rampart spoke as he began to lead the group, Crosshair not caring much for what Rampart had to say about the Empire's mobilization as he followed him down the corridor.

"Crosshair....

"Crosshair....

"𝐂𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐢𝐫!"

Mari's voice could be heard as Crosshair looked up to see she was sitting in his bunk, her forearm resting on her knee as she looked at him with a raised eyebrow.