[25]

I felt the Marauder making a rough landing once we made it to Skako Minor

I felt the Marauder making a rough landing once we made it to Skako Minor. I lifted the seat harness from my chest, stepping into the cockpit to see a windstorm blowing outside from the window I'm glancing through.

I stood next to Hunter and the General, putting my worries aside to focus on the mission first. "Rex, what do we know about this place?" The General spoke.

"On this part of Skako, there's a race of locals, the Poletecs. All we know is they're very primitive."

"Primitive" is being kind." Tech added on, discussing more details of our information. "My intel says the Poletecs worship flying reptiles."

"Wait, reptiles? What do you mean by rept—?" As if someone else heard my question, I look up to see a creature landing on top of the Marauder. Its claws scratched the window in front of us, leaving us startle as the creature hiss at us through the cockpit.

"Oh! What the heck was that?" Wrecker asked, glancing through the window as Tech looked back at Rex and the General. "It's one of those reptiles."

"I want that thing off my ship." Hunter announced, hearing the reptile bouncing on the roof as Rex called out to him. "Hold on! Hold on! Don't just run out there."

Unfortunately, we really didn't give a damn as the landing platform open. All of us ran outside, holding our weapons to see the creature standing on the roof with one of the Poletecs mounting that reptile.

"Hey! Get off of there!" Wrecker shouted, noticing the General looking back at him. "Hey, calm down. We need to talk to them." Anakin spoke as he had a point, knowing violence wasn't the key to negotiating if we wanted some answers.

"Why?" Hunter asked.

"The General's right." Rex spoke. Suddenly I noticed through my visor to see two more bogeys coming right at us. I watched Anakin pushed Rex out of the way just to where he stood, watching the Poletecs circling around us.

*Gasps* "Ah!" I let out a yell as the reptile standing on the roof managed to snatch Anakin and I, from the ground. We dropped our weapons in the process to hear Hunter and the others shouting out my name. Looking ahead to see Rex firing his blaster at the creature in mid-air.

"Ah. Hey! Let go of us!" I yelled, feeling the creature having a tight grip on my shoulder. Feeling it's claws pressing painfully into the crevices of my armor.

"Uh, I don't think letting go would be the best option, Mari." Anakin spoke as I looked at him to see we were being dragged away with the sight of Marauder fading away from our view.

Meanwhile at ship, Crosshair was taken aback to see Mari getting snatched away along with the General by that reptile that managed to get ahold of them.

"I have a thermal reading." Tech spoke, his visor pulled down over his googles to scan the scene.

"Point-two-five east, elevation 175."