[17]

I felt my back crashing against the wall, collapsing to the floor as I clenched my head in pain

I felt my back crashing against the wall, collapsing to the floor as I clenched my head in pain. I manage to hide myself into the refresher before anyone could ask what was wrong as tears spilled out on my face.

Through my senses, I was able to tell that Crosshair did something horrific in Onderon. I experience a vision, showing Crosshair having a new squad while hearing the screams and voices crying out.

It was obvious that he killed the civilians in Gerrera's camp, displaying a fiery image in my brain as I clenched teeth together. But that wasn't the only thing I was feeling.

On Kamino, after giving out the report to Tarkin and Rampart about Gerrera, Crosshair headed straight to the barracks with his team. The door slide open to reveal how vacant the room was as everything that decorated this place of his old squad was gone.

Crosshair clenched his jaw a bit, feeling the memories of his brothers laughing and chitchatting in the room reminiscing through his mind as he glance at the wall full of tally marks.

"Ah! Good to be back."

"The smell's getting worse."

"You're still new. You'll get use to it."

"Speak for yourself."

"Well, I'll get the board."

Crosshair walked across the room before glancing briefly to see the couch where Mari would usually be crashing in by the window, empty without any trace of her.

A memory was shown as Mari could be seen sitting on the couch, holding a needle in her hand as she held Lula in her hand. Stitching her up after her arm got ripped up.

"Here you go, Wrecker. Good as new! Lula is a tough little batcher." Mari spoke as Wrecker came over excitedly, picking up Lula in his hands.

*Laughs* "Thanks, Mari. I owe you one."

"Don't mentioned it." Mari smiled as a small laugh escape her lips.

Crosshair sat in his bunk, placing his helmet and weapon aside as he looked troubled. He noticed around him to see the recruits taking over his brothers's old bunks as a frown appeared on his face, feeling his heart aching.

Soon it was time for some shuteye as Crosshair took off his armor and laid in his bed. The lights were turned off by one of his comrades as Crosshair faced the wall in front of him.

As he lay there with his head resting on the pillow, more memories started resurfacing as he couldn't stop thinking about his brothers and Mari, wishing things would have ended more differently.

Crosshair felt his chest tightening, his breathing getting heavy as he felt tears welled up in his eyes. He placed his hand over his mouth, pressing tightly against his lips to not awaken his team. Finally losing control of his composure.