[39]

An alarm can be heard blaring throughout the ship as I let out a yelp

An alarm can be heard blaring throughout the ship as I let out a yelp. My hands gripped the edges of my seat I was sitting in. Trying not to let myself hit the kriffing ceiling above me, with the monitor continuing to set off those annoying proximity alarms.

"They're gaining on us!" I shouted, my voice echoing across the ship, doubting the others would even listen to me to what I just said. This was suppose to be just a simple extraction, a simple extraction!

And yet, the only precious cargo we have with us, is this weird-looking lizard. Which might explain why those flyers keep chasing after us.

"Yeah, I can see that, Mari!" Hunter shouted back, his voice sounding stern and breathless as he gripped tightly on the tail-gun.

Through the view-port, I noticed a squadron of small ships getting close to the Marauder with Hunter pressing his thumbs tightly on the buttons, managing to hit a few ships as multiple explosions rang out.

"How much longer until we're in hyperspace, Tech?" Hunter asked, continuing to fire with Tech carefully piloting the ship to avoid the oncoming blasts.

"That depends on when Echo plans on getting the drive back online."

"I'm working on it!" Echo snapped, his scomp already plugged into the database. I let out a sigh, continuing to hold on for dear life, hoping we get out this mess soon.

"I don't think Ruby likes this very much." Omega called out, sitting in one of the seats with the metal harness strapped over her chest.

"Of course not! We're being chased if that wasn't obvious."

"You named that thing?" Wrecker asked towards Omega, him strapping himself to the seat as I felt another explosion ringing out, causing the ship to shake violently.

"Oh, maker, I think I'm gonna be sick." I muttered, feeling my head getting dizzy as I began to get a migraine. My hold on the seat began to loosen, getting close to collapsing on the floor as I held back a groan.

"What's with these guys?" Wrecker shouted.

"Well, we did steal from them." Omega spoke, making it sound completely obvious with Tech adding on to the issue.

"Technically, the Rhokai stole the lizard first. We are merely intercepting it."

"They don't see it that way." Hunter shot back, me not caring who was at fault here as I waited anxiously for Echo to get the hyperdrive online.

By maker, please hurry Echo.

Suddenly, I looked up from my seat to see the cage that held Ruby in, getting knocked over on the floor. As Ruby began to crawl out and head over to Wrecker where he was strapped in, she climbed onto his lap before latching on to his face causing Wrecker to panic.