[5]

In the forest, the fighters took our helmets and weapons

In the forest, the fighters took our helmets and weapons. Leading us to the camp where they held their base of operations. I stood in front of Crosshair, feeling him staring at me from behind as we trailed along the path.

I looked at my surroundings to see everyone was wary of us. The children hiding behind their parents while the rest of the fighters grasp their grip tightly on their blasters. We soon stop at a crate in front of us, a yellow lamp shining the area.

"These aren't Separatists." Echo announced to us. "They're Republic fighters." He explained as I furrow my eyebrow at his response. "Why would Tarkin send us to attack our own forces?" Tech asked as I noticed a familiar figure in the crowd.

"Because we refuse to fight for an Empire." A man spoke as I instantly recognize him as Saw Gerrera. I've heard reports and stories about him while I was continuing my training as a Jedi. Knowing he is quite famous for defending Onderon against the Separatists.

"You're Saw Gerrera. Trained by Captain Rex and General Skywalker to fight for the Republic." Tech spoke as I noticed a male fighter approaching Hunter.

Taking his blaster out from his holster as he gave it to Saw, watching him carefully approached us as he inspected the blaster.

"So the newly declared empire sent you to wipe us out?" Saw questioned as he held an impassive look on his face. "Well, we're here to neutralize a group of insurgents." Hunter explained the details on the reason why we're here.

This only caused Saw to let out a small chuckle, turning around to face us. "Well...here we are. What are you gonna do? Strike us down like you did the Jedi?" Saw asked with a bit of sarcasm in his voice. Noticing Crosshair raising an eyebrow at him.

"Is that a request?" He spoke, me letting out a small sigh as I had it with Crosshair's attitude. "Enough." Hunter warned, turning his attention to address with Gerrera.

"We expected to find battle droids, not—

"Civilians?" Saw questioned. "Times change, targets change. Why don't you take a look at the insurgents you were sent to destroy?"

I looked at the group of civilians in front of us. Seeing they held sympathetic looks on their faces as I sensed fear and worry in themselves. Guilt and anger started to build up inside me as I looked at the two children hiding behind their parents.

Not believing the fact that Tarkin would want us to commit such a horrible crime against these refugees.

"Makes you wonder what else they're lying about." Saw sneered as he had a point. The Empire is nothing better like the Republic. In fact it's much worse, if they're allowing to send soldiers to commit dreadful tasks such as this.

"Let's mobilize. Pack up the camp." Saw address to his fighters as they began to clear out the area. Noticing he crouched down in front of the two children as the team and I held confuse looks at each other.