[51]

"-ari

"-ari. Mari, wake up!" I heard Omega's voice calling out to me, feeling her small hands shaking my shoulder.

A groan slip past my lips, blinking my eyes open to see we were inside a cell. The fight I had with Bane resurfaced in my mind as I sat up from the floor I was lying in.

Before I could even muster a thought, pain instantly shot out on my right leg. I held back an agonizing gasp, clenching my jaw to see my knee in front of me was dislocated. Noticing the bone underneath beginning to poke out from under my skin and the blacks I'm wearing under my armor.

"Does it hurt much? I tried fixing it but there isn't much I can do here." Omega spoke, kneeling right next to me as she must've notice the painful expression I held on my face as her eyebrows were laced with worry.

First my hand, my neck, and now my leg. I swear one of these days I am going to lose a limb if not by a handful of regs then by my own lack of self protection and stupidity.

>>I'm...fine, Omega. I survived much worse."

Suddenly, my head shot up as I instantly sense Bane moving and making his way down from the cockpit, hearing the sound of his heavy footsteps coming from the end of the corridor.

"Come on! We have to go." Omega whispered, taking notice of Bane as well as she urged me to get up. Looking past her, I saw the force-field to the cell was down, looking further ahead to see Todo lying lifeless on the floor.

Realizing that Omega managed to free herself, took me by surprise. Kid has some guts I'll give her that, and she's more clever than she seems.

Either way, there wasn't time to linger as I instantly got up to my feet. "Ah!" I let out a hiss, feeling my leg aching, as if it was being catch on fire. I clenched my jaw again to avoid letting out another agonizing gasp. I shifted my weight onto my left leg, seeing Omega holding a frightened look on her face, hastily pulling me by my right hand.

Agh...!

"Sorry, come on!"

We managed to escape through a hidden hatch we found inside the ship moments before Bane step into the corridor. He must have put this hatch here in case his ship was ever compromised by pirates or something.

Once we made it outside, I noticed that we were surrounded by clouds. Landing on what appears to be an abandoned facility in front of us with the thick clouds making it difficult to see what kind of planet we were on. However, I couldn't sightsee for at least one moment with my leg continuing to hold me back.

>>"Ugh, Omega, go. I will only slow you down. You must find a way to contact Hunter and the others. I can't run let alone walk." I sighed, placing my hands against my leg to ease the pain, with Omega looking back at me and coming around my side.

"No. I am not leaving you behind, Mari." She spoke.

>>"Omega."

I watched as she tried to support me by placing an arm around my waist but I didn't want to topple her over with my large and skinny-ass frame crushing her down.

𝙱𝚎𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚢𝚊𝚕 || CrosshairOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara