[14]

Back at the farmhouse, I helped Suu placed a few clothes into a luggage bag as I zipped it up and placed the strap around my shoulder

Back at the farmhouse, I helped Suu placed a few clothes into a luggage bag as I zipped it up and placed the strap around my shoulder. Noticing Suu packing a few items into the crate.

"Thank you, Mari."

"No, problem. I'll put this outside with the rest." I said as I glance at her before leaving through the doorway.

As I was making my way downstairs, I noticed Hunter sitting at the dining table with his comlink in his hand. Just as I was about to open the front door, I heard Hunter suddenly yelling.

"You did WHAT!??" I glance back at him confused to see he looked angry after listening to the comlink. I was about to ask what's wrong until I heard the sound of a familiar ship's engine roaring in the atmosphere.

We both looked at each other for a brief moment before running out through the front door. Outside we noticed the Marauder getting confiscated by a clone impound vessel, zooming off into the horizon.

"Uh, oh."

"TECH!" Hunter yelled, waiting for an explanation.

"This was the simplest solution." Tech simply spoke through the comlink as I raised an eyebrow at the idea.

"Getting our ship impounded is not my idea of a solution!" Hunter yelled. "We'll meet you at the spaceport with the chain codes. I have this under control." Tech said as Hunter shook his head in realization.

"There's one big problem. Omega's on the ship." Hunter announced as we heard Omega speaking to Tech in the background. "So much for simple." Echo's voice spoke through the comlink as I rolled my eyes at his remark.

With Echo, Omega, and Tech already at the spaceport we all decided to hurry and finish packing as we placed the last few items outside, organizing the stuff.

I placed a large bag with the strap around my left shoulder, carrying along a small box in my hand as Hunter prepped us to move out. As we walked past the fence, I looked back to see the old wooden house once more.

Old memories resurfaced in my mind as the team and I would spend some time over on Saleucami with Cut and Suu. Me playing with Shaeeah and Jek while Crosshair would help out with some farm work.

Sometimes even at night, Crosshair and I would take a stroll together along the moonlight.

        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On Saleucami, I sat next to Crosshair on the grass between the trees surrounding us. A pond resting in front of us, shone brightly within the moonlight, its reflection creating shimmering ripples in the water.

"Crosshair, we shouldn't be out this late. What if Hunter comes looking for us?" I asked as I wore my regular clothing without my armor pressing on my body.