[34]

At the palace, Tech carefully arrived at the entrance to see the old structure and loose rubble lining the dark corridor

At the palace, Tech carefully arrived at the entrance to see the old structure and loose rubble lining the dark corridor. He held his blaster in his hand as he pulled out his datapad, tracking Mari's movements as the dust on the pavement can be seen leading a trail to where Mari was being dragged at.

Being mindful of his surroundings, Tech climbed a stairwell, already checking the first and second floor until he stopped at the third one once he heard some movement coming from a room at the end of the hallway on his right.

Gripping his blaster, Tech slowly made his way towards the room. The crack between the doorway allowed Tech to peek inside to see a Zygerrian guard standing over Mari who remained unconscious on the floor, noticing he gently trailed a claw over her face.

*Chuckle* "Who would've thought a Jedi could survive Order 66? Hmph, however such a pity to say the least. You would have made a fine slave for my master who seem to take an interest in you.

But, sadly...all things must come to an end." Tech noticed a knife brandishing behind the guard's back as he furrowed his eyebrows, preparing himself to barge in.

"The Empire will pay me immensely for your death. Once they realized that I have killed the last few remaining Jedi still roaming this galaxy."

A laugh escape the guard's lips as he held a grin on his face. The blade slowly hovered over Mari's chest, moments away from plunging it between her armor until the sound of a door swinging open caused the guard to look back in surprise.

Tech kicked the door open as he stepped inside the room, aiming his blaster at the guard who still held the knife in his hand. "Get away from her, now." Tech spoke in a menacing tone as he can be seen furrowing his brows behind his googles.

"I'm surprised you haven't killed her yet, considering all the clones executed the Jedi." The guard scowled as he clenched his fist. "That may be so but she means more to us than you'll ever know." Tech spoke as he glared at the guard for a brief moment before knocking him out. Noticing he tried to stab him as he stood up and ran towards him.

The guard fell onto the floor with a thud, dropping the knife in the process as Tech stood there with his hand holstering his blaster back into its case.

Tech quickly kneel in front of Mari, noticing the burns marks from the whips scorching the paint off her armor as he placed his hands on her shoulders to rouse her up.

"Mari? Mari, wake up." Tech spoke as small groans can be heard in response with Mari unable to open her eyes as she spoke.

"Can't...move. Too beaten." Was all she could muster before lying her head back against Tech's forearm, hearing him let out a sigh.

It was obvious Mari wouldn't be able to stand on her own, let alone walk after the number of beatings those guards inflicted on her.

He removed the collar and restraints around her wrists once noticing they were still attached, before carefully bending over on his knees and bringing Mari's body over his shoulders, lifting her up.