[9]

I looked up at an old woman in front of me

I looked up at an old woman in front of me. Noticing she is wearing some robes with her grey hair tied up into a bun. That's when I noticed her lightsaber attached to her kilt as I instantly figured she's a Jedi. I looked up at her nervously.

"I...uh..."

"Madam Jocasta, is everything all right?" Another voice spoke as I looked to my left to see a light green male nautolan standing there, his eyes drawing his attention towards me.

In an instant, I quickly threw off the robe I was wearing and threw it at the woman named 'Jocasta' as a distraction as I made a dash out of the library. I skidded against the hallway as I looked around to noticed several Jedi masters staring at me.

I began running as fast as I could hoping to find a way out as I noticed how big the temple really is.

"Little one, stop right there!" I looked back to see a Jedi zabrak calling out to me. Noticing he extended his hand out as I began feeling my body going weightless in the air. "Ah! Let go of me!" I yelled, him using the force to stop my movements as I floated like a ballon in the air.

As he began walking close to me, I noticed a door to my right and without thinking I used my powers to pull the door out of it's frame and swing it towards the Jedi as he got slammed by the impact.

This caused him to drop me on the floor as I stood up and kept running. That's when I noticed an exit up ahead, daylight pouring in from outside as I looked back to see the same Jedi pushing the door off his body.

As I kept running, I didn't realize I was already outside until I felt my feet slipping out from under me. Tumbling down a flight of stairs as I rolled down the pavement and crashed into something behind me.

I let out a groan, looking up to see I crashed into a tree which I found kinda surprising since I never seen one in person given how I was born on Coruscant. A planet made of metal and steel.

As I tried to get up, I noticed I sprained my ankle from the fall. Unable to stand up as I shifted my lower body weight towards me.

"Careful now, you will only hurt yourself even more if you keep trying to stand up." A gentle voice spoke as I squinted my eyes past the sunlight to see the figure approaching me.

As he got closer, I noticed it was an orange nikto. His blue eyes holding a gentle look in his gaze as the sunlight reflected a bit of light off his horns that stood around his face.

I crawled back a bit as I felt my back hitting the tree behind me. Causing me to furrow my eyebrows at the Jedi master in front of me as he kneeled down towards my level.

"Ah, I sense much fear and hesitation from you, little one. You don't have to be afraid, I won't pose any harm to you." The Jedi spoke as he extended his hand out towards me, paitently waiting for me to accept it.

"Can I really trust him?" I thought to myself as I stared back at him. Noticing there was nobody else but him standing outside the courtyard as I felt the wind swaying my hair a little.

"I won't be able to go anywhere with a busted ankle. Let alone explain to my parents about this."

It took a bit of debating to lower my guard around this Jedi as I hesitantly grab ahold of his hand. He gently pulled me up as I stood on my feet and let out a pained groan. My right foot limping a bit from the ground as it hurt to place my full weight on it.

Suddenly I felt myself being lifted off the ground as the Jedi carried me in his arms. Taking a few steps up the stairs before gently placing me on the ground. He crouched beside me as he placed a hand on my shoulder.

"What is your name, little one?" He spoke as I felt somewhat comforted by his kindness and empathy. "M-Mari. Mari Andino." I spoke, nervously as I continued to look at him. "I am Jedi master Ima-Gun Di. It's very nice to meet you, Mari." He spoke as I slowly smiled at him, my instincts telling me that he is someone I can really trust with.

          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few weeks have passed since the incident at the temple. Thankfully, none of the Jedi I briefly met took it personally for intruding inside the library once they understood the situation.

And as for Kali, she wouldn't stop nagging me what it was like to be inside the temple and meet a Jedi face-to-face.

I stood in my bedroom as I placed a few pair of clothes into my bag. I've been thinking through over the matter carefully and decided it's best for me to head over to the temple to follow...my destiny. My destiny to become a Jedi.

I will be honest; being a Jedi is a little too self-centered for me and I heard the council can be quite...strict. Nonetheless, I will not pass on this opportunity if I can make a change for something that will result in goodwill.

I stepped out of my bedroom as the door slides open. Heading towards the living room to see my parents waiting for me at the entrance. Noticing the concern looks on their faces.

"Are you sure you want to do this, Mari?" Father asked. "You don't have to do this if you don't want to, honey. It's your choice, there's no right or wrong answer." Mother spoke as I looked at both of them earnestly.

"I know, mom. I...want to do this. I must do this to learn how to protect myself and protect those who I care about deeply. It may be a...bit of a struggle and I might breakdown but...I know one thing and it's that, I will never give up hope. I'll do whatever is right even if its at a cost.

I promise to visit you often, whatever free time I have. I love you both so much." I spoke as I put my arms up to give them a hug. My parents both crouched down as I felt them embracing me. Giving me love and strength to keep me going as we departed our hug.

On the platform, I see my master waiting for me next to a speeder as I notice my parents standing by the doorway. I glance at them as they both gave me a smile and I wave goodbye to them.

I approach my master as he glances down at me. "Are you ready, Mari?" Gun-di asks as I hold a confident look on my face. "I am. I will follow your teachings, master. No matter how difficult the outcome may be."

With that, I get inside the speeder. My master sitting in the driver's seat as we depart from my home. Knowing that this was only just the beginning with many unexpected certainties awaiting for whatever comes next in this moment.

              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word count: 1239