[33]

An hour had passed since we were captured by the Zygerrian guards and with the sun scorching tremendously on my armor, it didn't help that I was feeling fatigue and pain flowing through my body as I placed a hand against my right cheek

*Sighs* "You're gonna need some ice for that, Mari." Hunter spoke quietly as I looked at him, giving him a nod as I rubbed my cheek carefully with my fingers.

"Yeah, I know. It's so sore, probably not the best idea to piss them off." I spoke as I put my hand back down, looking at the restraints cuffed around my wrists.

It be so easy to use the Force and free everyone from this mess, but the idea of exposing myself as a Jedi in front of these slave traders would be way too risky. Especially for the team...I can't allow that to happen and besides, what will they think of me once they find out the truth?

"It's getting looser." I heard Wrecker speaking as I turn to glanced at him, noticing he was tugging the collar around his neck with his fingers until one of the guards pressed a device on their hand. Sending an electricity surge towards Wrecker as he cried out in pain.

"Do that one more time and you'll be—" Another zap was sent through as Echo glared at the guards only to gasp out in pain. Trying to catch his breath as Tech, sitting next to him, gave him an unamused look.

"Save your energy. We are going to need it."

"We all will." I sneered, rolling my eyes in sarcasm until we heard a shriek coming from a brezak nearby as we looked up to see the creature flying over us and landing on a rooftop of a tall building.

Hunter and I both noticed someone standing inside the balcony with its left eye blinded across his face. Probably the one in charge of this operation as he stared at us for a moment before heading back inside with the brezak letting out another screech. Causing the civilians next to us to cower in fear.

"Relax, Muchi. We're the cavalry." Wrecker spoke to the two falleens next to us which they appear to be a father and his child, turning to look at us as they held some confused looks on their faces. Probably not understanding a word we mentioned just now.

"What are our odds out of this, Tech?" Hunter asked, glancing towards him and Echo as I held a curious look on my face, waiting for his response. "I am not certain." Tech stated as I raised an eyebrow.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"So much for being smart." Wrecker taunted as Tech let out a sigh, becoming annoyed by his brother's antics.

"This is not a standard military operation, and seeing as how we've never been tasked with rescuing a child from slave traders before, there is no data I can compare it to." Tech explained as he had a point.

I mean...the only thing we ever fought in the war was those clankers and figuring out how to infiltrate bases and such. A mission like rescuing a child was never our area of expertise which led us to being completely caught off guard.