[45]

The sound of loud and roaring thunder echoing across the sky, didn't ease his relentlessness

The sound of loud and roaring thunder echoing across the sky, didn't ease his relentlessness. It fact, it only made him let out a sigh in response as he found himself lying on his bed with a toothpick wedge between his lips.

Day after day, it would be just the same routine.

Following Orders.

Crosshair was beginning to lose track on the number of missions he and his recruits would be sent out on a daily basis, to deal with insurgents like Gerrera and his enforcers, to smolder down this so-called "rebellion" they're planning. Which, Crosshair could care less as long as he did his duty of serving the Empire.

When it came to keeping track of these missions though, it would usually be Wrecker's job to mark down that sort of thing.

Curious, Crosshair perked his head up just a bit to see the scoreboard still engraved on the wall as lightning flashed from the window. Revealing the number of tally marks scratched under for 'wins'.

This made Crosshair smiled a bit from the result, knowing his brothers were just that 'good' of a team, compared to the other clones who wouldn't dare handle a risky or complicated mission beyond their limits.

While it made him fond of the memory, it also made Crosshair realize what he would lose in return, like brothers and Mari.

Glancing around at the empty and unfamiliar bunks that belong to his old team, made him clench his toothpick a bit.

He didn't understand why they would leave. After all, it's what they were made for. To become soldiers in the galaxy to protect the Republic, or in this case, the Empire, just like any other reg.

And yet, here he was. Being a commander and having to train these inexperience recruits who couldn't give a crap about him if he cared.

In fact, Crosshair was glad they weren't here at the moment. They all despise him as their leader and Crosshair could definitely use much needed alone time to contemplate on his own thoughts, with the muffle sound of rain and thunder seemingly to calm his mind.

Those recruits would never reach the same potential like his old squad, and at certain times, he also wished Mari was here to at least provide a sense of comfort to his presence. Like she always done in the past.

The sound of a door sliding open interrupted Crosshair's own thoughts as he looked towards the lighted entryway, squinting his eyes a bit, to see a recruit standing by the door. A datapad in his hand, with the others standing in the hallway.

"Commander." He called out.

"What is it?" Crosshair asked. Given how the recruits are waiting for him outside, there's no doubt they have news for him as Crosshair began to gather his stuff.

"We received reports from scrappers on Bracca that a power surge occurred on a Jedi Cruiser by local insurgents. It's Clone Force 99, sir."

Crosshair froze the moment the name of his old team was mentioned. "They finally found them." Crosshair thought to himself as a hidden smirk tugged at his lips, knowing it was time to handle this long overdue reunion and get straight to the bottom of things.