[47]

Oh, you've got to be shitting me

"It's Crosshair, all right." Hunter announced, looking through a pair of binoculars. The moment we saw the first 3 shuttles landing a few miles away from the cruiser, I instantly knew Crosshair would be the one to go after us.

"He won't be able to detect us. I'm blocking their scanners." Tech announced, holding his datapad in his hand. I shake my head once I heard his response. Knowing Crosshair, he's too stubborn to give up on a mission, let alone finish one. Since he knows our tactics, hunting us down will be like a piece of cake.

"That won't stop him. Come on." Hunter said, motioning us to follow him out of the bridge to meet up with Echo and Wrecker as they're finishing collecting weapons from the armory.

Meanwhile on the shuttle, Crosshair walked a few steps away from the landing ramp, surveying the landscape in front of him with his piercing gaze to allow what his enhanced eyesight could see while listening to his recruits chatting.

"That cruiser's where the power surge was detected." A female trooper spoke.

"Any life signs on board?" Another asked, with a trooper holding a datapad in his hand. "Can't tell. The scanner's not working. There's too much atmospheric interference."

"No, that's not it. Tech." Crosshair heard his brother's name coming into mind as he instantly knew he's the one blocking the scanner.

"No, you're being jammed." Glancing towards his team before flicking away the toothpick from his mouth. "They're still on board." He announced, putting on his helmet and reaching for his sniper from his pack as he looked to the lines of regs standing by the ship.

"Take the shuttle and find their ship."

"Yes, Commander." A reg responded, ordering the rest of his brothers to follow suit as Crosshair began to lead the rest of the battalion towards the venator.

"It's time to finish this once and for all."

             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

>>"Hunter, are you sure you know where you're going? Crosshair, isn't stupid you know." I spoke, allowing my voice to enter into his mind as Hunter acknowledged my presence.

>>"As long as we avoid the usual routes, Crosshair won't be able to anticipate our next move. Not with us being in charge of the game here." Hunter explained, as I held a nervous look on my face.

We're clearly not in charge here, Hunter.

His answer didn't give me much reassurance as we found ourselves standing inside the damaged corridor. With Hunter discussing the plan with the others, I tried to anticipate Crosshair's motives.

Since he knows how we operate and fight, this would challenge us to step up from our usual tactics. We need to give Crosshair something he won't expect and hopefully make it back to the Marauder in time to leave Bracca.