[6]

On Kamino, I looked through the windshield to see we were arriving at Tipoca City

On Kamino, I looked through the windshield to see we were arriving at Tipoca City. Strangely there was no ship sent out or com chatter on the radio to proceed into landing.

"I'm getting no response from com-scan. This is unusual." Tech said, feeling surprised by this. "Bring us in. We'll find out what's going on." Hunter said as we landed on the platform just outside by the bay doors.

As the Marauder's door opened, I was met with rain pattering down on my hair and face. I was already accustomed to this kind of weather displaying on Kamino, given it's a planet full of water. I had my helmet underneath my arm as I followed Crosshair from behind, Hunter leading us to the entrance.

"Stick to the plan. Split up, find Omega, meet back here at the ship." Hunter said as I noticed Tech about to press the button on the panel to open the landing bay doors until I stopped him. Grabbing a hold on his shoulder. "Hunter, wait! We can't go inside." I said as I let go of Tech's shoulder, Hunter turning to look at me.

"Why not?" He asked as I thought of my words carefully. I couldn't tell them that there was someone waiting to ambush us without revealing my secret towards them.

"Isn't obvious? There's no comm chatter nor any scout ships on patrol. It's all...quiet and I find that suspicious. It all happen when we came back from Onderon.

I have a feeling Tarkin or someone else might be waiting for us on the other side of that door, given how that probe droid was spying on us." I explained as Hunter held a conflicted look on his face.

"And you're sure about this? I can't rely on a hunch, Mari." He said as I was left speechless. Unable to explain how I knew about this for sure. Hunter took this chance to motion towards Tech to open the door. Me letting out a sigh as I reluctantly followed them inside.

The landing bay was dimly lit and filled with a bunch of cargo crates on board. I placed my hand on my blaster sensing that someone was here. Hunter soon motion us to stop, as if on cue I took out my blaster from my holster. Aiming at a shock trooper as we were immediately surrounded by other regs.

"As expected." I heard Crosshair say towards Hunter, keeping my eyes focused on the trooper that is aiming in front of me.

"The Empire does not tolerate failure, Sergeant." Tarkin spoke as he was accompanied by two other troopers approaching us. "There were...complications." Hunter said, putting his vibro blade back into his gauntlet.

The trooper in front of me got closer as he motion for me to put away my blaster. A scowl appeared on my face as I lowered my weapon, putting away my blaster as I stared at him cautiously.

"Yes, the probe droid's report was quite detailed. Conspiring with Saw Gerrera." Tarkin said as all of us looked at him, holding confuse glances at each other.

"I assume you know the punishment for treason."

"Treason?" Hunter questioned as I narrow my eyes at Tarkin. "Throw them in the brig." He ordered as the rest of the shock troopers motion for us to move along. I felt myself being pushed forward, looking at Tarkin as Echo and I held some angry glares towards him. My fists clenching in anger.