[20]

I felt my back slowly resting on the seat I was sitting in, finding myself in the corridor of the ship where the monitor is shining luminescent near my face

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

I felt my back slowly resting on the seat I was sitting in, finding myself in the corridor of the ship where the monitor is shining luminescent near my face.

I rested my foot on top of my knee as I held Crosshair's helmet in front of my lap...again, brooding to myself. My finger gently glided over his visor, thinking about all those missions we use to have during the war.

Hmm, just thinking about those good old days....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Crosshair, on your six!" I yelled, watching a male yalbec letting out a hiss and running towards him with its stinger raised high.

Crosshair managed to fire a shot from his sniper, the blast hitting the yalbec in the head as it fell and whimpered in pain.

"That thing won't last long, we gotta get moving. Come on!" Hunter yelled as we began running out of the cave. Before all of this started, we were sent on a mission to Yalbec Prime by the Republic to deal with an insurrection occurring on the planet.

Unfortunately, as we were taking a quick "detour" back to the Marauder, we somehow got involved with the Yalbecs chasing us inside the cave after Wrecker managed to cut off the Queen's stinger.

Which was a really bad idea.

I looked back to see there were hundreds of them, all raising their stingers with our blasters having little effect on them.

"Tech, how close are we from the Marauder?" Hunter spoke, Tech dropping his visor down over his googles watching the screen light up. "About 1 mile away. We're approaching a cliff at the end of this quadrant."

"A cliff? WHOA!" I managed to grab ahold of Wrecker's hand, pulling him back as we find ourselves outside with the canyons surroundings us, looking over to see we were a hundred feet high with the Marauder parked at a sandy terrain near the distance.

"How do you propose we get down?" I asked as I heard hissing coming from the cave. Tech looked around noticing a mountain across from us as it led towards the main ground, getting an idea.

"By zip-lining." Tech said as I looked back at him confused. "If Crosshair fires a shot at the canyon by this trajectory, we can easily zip down before those Yalbec males try to mate with us." Tech said as I raised an eyebrow at his response.

"Righhht. Cross, you know what to do." I said, patting his shoulder as he looked at me through his helmet, sensing a smirk across his face. "You know me too well, Mari." He teased as a smiled trailed on my lips.

As the rest of the team and I, began firing at the Yalbecs, Crosshair lowered his scope. Raising his sniper as he fired a shot with the grabbling hook, maintaining a steady hold on the canyon.

"Wrecker." Crosshair called out, detaching the zip-line from his sniper, the rope connected to a white cylinder at end as Wrecker understood the idea. He grabbed the end of the cylinder, smashing it into the rock near us and sticking it inside as the zip line was ready to go.